[Q] Who is running Nookie Froyo on the Color?

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Wanted to see who is running Nookie Froyo on their Nook Color. If you are can you point out where you got the information to do it? I checked XDA, but there really isn't a well written step-by-step guide. Thanks.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Warning to all users...do not mess with froyo unless you are an advanced user. One should get familiar with rooting process. Before one even messes with froyo at this time u should be very familiar with the following...

-Rooting with autonooter method.
-Installing clockwork and making a backup.
-The process of returning your the device back to stock with 8 interupts and erasing/deregistering.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Sorry the above is not meant to chastise anyone. Just trying to circumvent any conflicts. I am always here to help if anyone has questions :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
If you are trying to flash it to your internal memory then you better know what your are doing but if you are running it off of the micro SD card then I don't know what you could screw up!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes sorry. Running off sd should be alright as long a people know how to do it properly. I didn't see your link above. Some people have been putting froyo on internally.

sent from my rooted nook color

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I also caution that even running from n sd isn't totally safe. I used a froyo sd to install car and flashed recovery to fix a problem with my internal install and it worked... so there are some things that cross over to internal... im not sure what else does yet.

this post brought to you by AndroidTablets.net app