Question about wiping/resetting TF700 & other advice

LeighJ

Jan 30, 2013
Hi all. I just wondered if anyone could tell me howto completely wipe/reset my TF700. I bought mine new in November. It was my first tablet. I ended up deciding a tablet wasjust not for me, and turned around and got a laptop instead. In themeantime it has just been sitting, so I decided I need to sell the thing soonto recoup some of my cost to cover the laptop. Anyway, I want to wipe or reset it so that I can clear out all of my info & downloaded apps so I can sell. I just have some free apps on it, but figured I need to get rid of those. Do I just go through settings and do a factory reset? I had upgraded it to the latest firmware 10.4.425 per some help I had from this forum back in January. If I reset it still remain or does it just go back to what it was before?
Also, does anyone have an idea of a reasonable price to ask? It is champagne colored one with keyboard dock. Like new since it wasn’t used much, still has the stickers on it. :D Would include the boxes (receipts too if needed). Also would include the case that has detachable keyboard cover and new package of screen protectors. I assume it is still under warranty with Asus. I have never registered it. I bought extended Squaretradewarranty, which I will forfeit, as I don’t think those are transferable. What is fair to ask taking that in to consideration?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
First, be aware that offering anything for sale on the forum is a violation of the forum guidelines.

Doing a complete wipe back to factory in your case is easy. Go to settings backup and reset and follow the instructions Your tablet will keep the current OS and stock apps but everything else will be GONE.

LeighJ

Jan 30, 2013
Thanks for your help with the reset. As for the other, it wouldn't be very smart of me to ask what people thought it was worth if I planned to list it for sale here. I plan to sell it locally on Craigslist. Just hoping for some honest answers as to what would be reasonable to ask. If that is not allowed here, I understand.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for your help with the reset. As for the other, it wouldn't be very smart of me to ask what people thought it was worth if I planned to list it for sale here. I plan to sell it locally on Craigslist. Just hoping for some honest answers as to what would be reasonable to ask. If that is not allowed here, I understand.

Check the market value on eBay.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Looking at the ebay listings, for a 32 GB with dock and some extras (case etc.) you are looking at $450-500 for a used one. If you have the 64 GB model, you will probably get another $50-75 for it on top of that.