Recognize Tablet Model and How to Update firmware

J.D.D.

Dec 15, 2010
Hi, yesterday i received my Android Tablet Pc, but i was unable to find the model and eventually how to upgrade the Android firmware...the tablet have 2 little speaker on the bottom. the grey home button under the screen, camera on the top, microSD card slot, power plug and a big connectro for external usb-ethernet hub, all this on the bottom of the tablet. the power button is on the top, the menu and volume + - on the top-right side......can anyone tell me the model that i bought? I think that could be a MID 701 Haipad, but not shure....
2° question.....i tried to put it in firmware upgrade mode, as explaine d int he guide found to haipad.net firmware upgrade section, but the tablet start normally...anyone knnow how to upgrade this tablet to Android 2.1?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Hi J.D.D.
The m701 does only have one speaker on the back and common mini-USB connectors.

Please give us a picture of your device,
from your description i would identify it as a EKEN M002 ith WM8508 cpu.

jet38

Dec 14, 2010
Hi, yesterday i received my Android Tablet Pc, but i was unable to find the model and eventually how to upgrade the Android firmware...the tablet have 2 little speaker on the bottom. the grey home button under the screen, camera on the top, microSD card slot, power plug and a big connectro for external usb-ethernet hub, all this on the bottom of the tablet. the power button is on the top, the menu and volume + - on the top-right side......can anyone tell me the model that i bought? I think that could be a MID 701 Haipad, but not shure....
2° question.....i tried to put it in firmware upgrade mode, as explaine d int he guide found to haipad.net firmware upgrade section, but the tablet start normally...anyone knnow how to upgrade this tablet to Android 2.1?

Hello,

What your describing sounds exactly like the unit I have, and if it is, it has no name, only comes up as "Generic" in the Id window, I can tell you if you go into settings and look for the window that says about the "Legal Info" that is where it shows what you have.

Mine lists as:

Model = Generic
Firmware = 1.6
Kernel = 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build = 2.1_105

Hope it helps.

ComputerNoob

Dec 15, 2010
Hello,

What your describing sounds exactly like the unit I have, and if it is, it has no name, only comes up as "Generic" in the Id window, I can tell you if you go into settings and look for the window that says about the "Legal Info" that is where it shows what you have.

Mine lists as:

Model = Generic
Firmware = 1.6
Kernel = 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build = 2.1_105

Hope it helps.

i have the same one as you do, but my question is! How do i updrade this thing using only the dog on sd card?, please help me

J.D.D.

Dec 15, 2010
Hi guys! Finally i found the model of my tablet pc...it's an Epad Ep07, also known as Flytouch...upgrade this tablet i quite easy, need only to format th microsd card into fat32 FS, copy in the card the script folder (i find this folder when u download a firmware for this tablet) copy the ENTIRE FOLDER, not the sub-files! put it into your tablet and he will upgrade automatically.....i upgraded to android 1.9.1...2.1 is still in beta test...