[RECOVERY] Official ClockworkMod Recovery Information and Versions

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Anyone follow the thread at XDA? I just had to ask more mellow folks: was I being a jerk to Nemith, or was he being snippy with me?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
He was being a d&%k. You were asking legitimate questions. You were trying to clarify the OP he lost it.

"I am dumb enough to get myself in trouble but smart enough to get out of it." Story of my life brother...

tumblr_lfj6xarYgT1qe0eclo1_r25_500.gif

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
i dont really understand this update's installation process.. so ok it can be placed on the emmc now .. but whats the deal with the kernal not installing and junk? . what does that have to do with anything?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
nope... newer version is supposed to be able to handle all currently available ROMs, so go for it.

However, like anything else with your Android device, it you aren't sure about it... do a complete backup before making changes, then you can always go back.

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
I tried installing this using flashable version, but ran into problem. Install no problem - flashed using ROM mgr. Powered down and then rebooted, opened ROM mgr and booted into recover. Screen indicated I was on ver 3.0.1.0, so all looked good. Tried to do a nandroid backup, and got message "Can't mount system".

Went to mounts/storage screen and tried to manually mount system, and got error message again.

Rebooted system. Everything present and functioning as far as I can see. Just looks like CWR won't do a backup for me.

Suggestions? Do I reflash CWR using ROM mgr? Do I need to uninstall CWR first before trying this? Do I need to wipe caches?

Appreciate any suggestions.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I tried installing this using flashable version, but ran into problem. Install no problem - flashed using ROM mgr. Powered down and then rebooted, opened ROM mgr and booted into recover. Screen indicated I was on ver 3.0.1.0, so all looked good. Tried to do a nandroid backup, and got message "Can't mount system".

Went to mounts/storage screen and tried to manually mount system, and got error message again.

Rebooted system. Everything present and functioning as far as I can see. Just looks like CWR won't do a backup for me.

Suggestions? Do I reflash CWR using ROM mgr? Do I need to uninstall CWR first before trying this? Do I need to wipe caches?

Appreciate any suggestions.

That sounds like the recovery kernel didn't install... which was supposed to happen. You have two options, you can follow the manual adb instructions in the XDA threads OP to install the kernel, or you can download the v3.0.0.5 flashable file to revert back.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You can also try flashing it again and see if second time is a charm.

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
Wait a second... what ROM are you using?

Latest version ROM mgr- 3.0.1.0.

Still running B&N stock ROM (ver 1.0.1) rooted with booted 2-12-25.

Just trying to use CWR to backup before flashing any custom ROMs.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Latest version ROM mgr- 3.0.1.0.

Still running B&N stock ROM (ver 1.0.1) rooted with booted 2-12-25.

Just trying to use CWR to backup before flashing any custom ROMs.

OK, according to the authors you shouldn't have that error.

1. Double check the MD5 sum of your download and make sure it matches
2. Re-flash the CWR update
3. If all else fails: follow the manual install instructions here: [RECOVERY] Official CWM 3.0.1.0 Update - xda-developers

Let me know how it goes.

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
Double checked MD5 sum and matched. Tried reflashing CWR. Got same error.

So followed manual instructions on ADB to load kernel. That did the trick. I used ADB wireless and didn't have any problems once I figured out what folder I needed to put kernel in. All seems to be working fine now and I've been able to do complete backup.

Thanks again for your help. Don't know where I'd be without all the Moderators and Sr Members here on this forum.

Last edited: