Removed Google Talk & need it back!!

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
I inadvertently deleted Google Talk & want to restore it. (So I can access Google Market) Is the easiest way just to re-nooter? Will I loose the installed market apps? Any concerns about re-auto-nootering?

Thanks,
kev

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
This may be a silly question but why would you need talk to access market?

I was not able to get anything to dnld after the incident & it was suggested "Try signing in and out of Google talk.. no joke".
I was just trying to get the google market dnld back.

Cheers,
kev

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
Sorry but th only advise I have would be to try and reinstall market

Google Market was installed with the auto-nooter installation. That's why I asked if it is OK to re run auto-nooter. That was very painless & would be preferable, so I am assured to get everything that I had back & working. Previously everything worked well

Thanks,
kev

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I inadvertently deleted Google Talk & want to restore it. (So I can access Google Market) Is the easiest way just to re-nooter? Will I loose the installed market apps? Any concerns about re-auto-nootering?

Thanks,
kev
Sorry Kev I have a hunch, but don't want to make trouble for you: my gut feeling is that re-autonootering should be OK, but the more prudent thing to do is use an app like Titanium to back up all your apps and just start over. Look at it this way: I've gone through the process at least 3 times, and each time it goes faster!

-Matt

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
Sorry Kev I have a hunch, but don't want to make trouble for you: my gut feeling is that re-autonootering should be OK, but the more prudent thing to do is use an app like Titanium to back up all your apps and just start over. Look at it this way: I've gone through the process at least 3 times, and each time it goes faster!

-Matt

I decided not to take the prudent route & just re-Auto-Nootered. Seems that all is well now. Rebooted without any Market sign in & no indication that anything happened, except maybe starting with a choice of launchers to run. The apps Market apps that I had tried to dnld & were in limbo were downloaded before I checked & I was able to dnld some more. I will keep an eye on things, but it looks like it's safe to re-auto-nooter. Yay!!!
After coming from the PDN "fun" I am really liking the stability of this unit & the quality of the Auto-nooter routine may be a huge factor in that! Not to mention that the NC has a real sleep mode.
Thanks all that have contributed to the rooting effort.

Thanks,
kev

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I decided not to take the prudent route & just re-Auto-Nootered. Seems that all is well now.
Good for you. That's what I was secretly hoping. ;)

Have you tried Fast Web Installer with Appbrain?

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
No, what is that?
The Appbrain app allows you to manage your apps (and also browse for new ones), while the Fast Web installer allows you install them directly on your phone from the Appbrain website without using the Market. Convenient, fast, and addictive. :)

-Matt

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
The Appbrain app allows you to manage your apps (and also browse for new ones), while the Fast Web installer allows you install them directly on your phone from the Appbrain website without using the Market. Convenient, fast, and addictive. :)

-Matt
OK, thanks sounds good.
Just in case it comes up, what phone is my Nook pretending to be? Used Auto-Nooter 2.12.25.

Thanks,
kev

kev

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
OK, thanks sounds good.
Just in case it comes up, what phone is my Nook pretending to be? Used Auto-Nooter 2.12.25.
Ooops, my bad! I meant to say "Android device," not phone. Bad habit of a Droid owner.

When you register at the Appbrain website (it takes you to the Google login), and then install/run the app from your NC, it will automatically upload your list of apps to your online account. It will also recognize the NC and give it a generic device name. Then install the Fast Web Installer, and when you browse the Apprbrain website while logged in and see an app you like, you'll have an install button!

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks! 10 Characters
LOLz. Tell me if you get it working. By the way, there are some who are itching to get the newer market running on the NC (something about not all apps showing up in the original Market app), but Google has blocked Fast Web Installer on the new market. So be careful!

-Matt

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
LOLz. Tell me if you get it working. By the way, there are some who are itching to get the newer market running on the NC (something about not all apps showing up in the original Market app), but Google has blocked Fast Web Installer on the new market. So be careful!

-Matt

Will do, but not gonna try it right now. As far as the Market apps not showing up, I understand that is just a matter of the the screen not loading more than 10 apps in portrait mode & landscape
works fine. Can't remember the reason, but there was something about switching to the new Market that made me decide to not do it???

Cheers,
kev