[REQ] App for Editing (Highlighting) PDF Files

bgirlfepo

Aug 10, 2010
IPad has an "iannotate" application that allows you to HIGHLIGHT and Insert Comments into PDF's. Is there ANY applications to do this on the apad? Also, is there any PDF converter apps???

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
"verbtex latex editor" looks like something you might be interested in, i have never used it but it looks alright. also "documents to go full" and maybe "pdf utility"

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
IPad has an "iannotate" application that allows you to HIGHLIGHT and Insert Comments into PDF's. Is there ANY applications to do this on the apad? Also, is there any PDF converter apps???

There is Scan2PDF . (Link is a review) I cannot speak to how it works. I use the PC version and am quite happy. I have been tempted to evaluate, but have not had the need yet.

Last edited:

Pikadil

Sep 24, 2010
I don't think both suggested apps will do what we wish to do. I want same annotation feature for the books I have in pdf. I heard that kindle has this feature and you can read pdf in kindle it suppose to be ok but I haven'y try yet due to kindle downloading problems. will let you know if I can manage.

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
This is the first kind of software I was hoping to find. I review mostly pdf documents and it would be a great if a software could do some simple editing, highlighting, comments and adding notes. Then its a perfect 10.

Sadly to date, I have not found anything close enough.

sspitsbergen

Oct 26, 2010
I am looking for same thing, I want to take PDF's or text files and mark them like I would a paper document. I see some handwriting apps, but not really been able to see if I can mark up the document. thanks for your help

tsuma

Dec 15, 2010
Moon Reader will do this for all common ebook formats except PDF. I'm asking the developrs of Aji Annotate Reader , currently on iPad only, to port to Android tablets.

PS I have the gTablet by ViewSonic with TNT firmware. For a <$400 tablet, it's fantastic.

jrmckain

Dec 29, 2010
I am looking for an app or combination of apps that will allow me to handwrite on word doc, powerpoints, excel docs and pdfs. Will any of apps mentioned work or does anyone have any ideas. I'm a college student trying top replace the traditional pen and paper

lmathewson

Dec 28, 2013
Bumping this thread up, requesting updated replies. I just received a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 as a gift. I prefer to handwrite notes in meetings, and to annotate documents (I am usually reviewing PDFs or Word documents) with pen, highlighter and sticky notes on paper -- but I want to use my tablet as a substitute for paper and pen. Any apps that do just that? I don't need bells and whistles. A friend uses GoodReader on her iPad but I see that it is not available for Android.

In a perfect world my app will also let me store my handwritten notes, make them searchable (is that possible?), and let me save them to files that I can also access from my PC. I use Dropbox but I am not wedded to it, if there is a better way to do that.

Thank you in advance! Hope I didn't make a mistake getting the Galaxy; I had read that it is the best choice for people who want to handwrite notes on documents.

Lisa