Returning Nook Tablet

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I read a good article written yesterday in The Digital Reader. He was explaining why he was returning his Nook Tablet. I have to agree with him feeling like being 'walled in' . I bought a Kindle Fire for a friend, had to play with it first, and felt the same way. I'm just used to the openness of Android, where I can go anywhere I want, to get anything I want, it fits my personality l. I also like the home screens of Android, what's that called, the users interface, where I can see my apps and not have to scroll thru them.
Just my 2 cents

Sent from my NookColor CM7.1 on SD

tonyp

Nov 1, 2011
CL, I see you already have a Color running CM7. So I assume you already know the NT has been rooted. Is there something beyond what a rooted tablet will bring you that you are looking for?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
CM7 is great and the possibility of CM9 is very exciting but rooting alone gets you a great deal including access to Amazon Appstore and Google Market. So at least you aren't walled in even if you can't run a custom ROM or dual boot (plus there is a possibility this will still happen).

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
CM7 is great and the possibility of CM9 is very exciting but rooting alone gets you a great deal including access to Amazon Appstore and Google Market. So at least you aren't walled in even if you can't run a custom ROM or dual boot (plus there is a possibility this will still happen).

Quick Q what launchers wtlrok with rooted NT?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Quick Q what launchers wtlrok with rooted NT?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I don't actually have a NT but from what I have read it seems like just about all launchers are working with NT. Golauncher was the initial one suggested but I have read about others using various launchers without issue.

tonyp

Nov 1, 2011
I'm using GoLauncher with no issues. Rooted NT used on the XDA Developers forum are using others. There appear to be no issues.