I went back to v0.3 as v0.4 was quite unstable after a while and I kept getting the SD card corrupted problem... which was pretty annoying. I am going to try setcpu with this new firmware and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.
After flashing the device, it took about 3 minutes to boot...
* The first thing I noticed is that the tablet seems a little faster, especially when navigating through the OS.
* Market works absolutely fine etc...
* SetCpu 2.0.3 does not seem to work for me, same black screen I was getting with v0.3 so doesn't look like overclocking is possible at the minute, may be down to SuperUser Access / not sure as it's when it normally prompts you to allow super user access that SetCpy just hangs. Maybe an earlier version will work.
* I ran Jewels which is awlays a good test and it's struggling a bit, not as snappy as with v0.4 with SetCpu running unfortunately
* This cured a screen buzzing issue I had when lowering the contrast below 75% so may stick to this Firmware
Hi deepfrequency, thanks for sharing this information ! I'll stick to 0.4 I like it very much and does all I want... except for that SD card problem, quite a lame problem which as I understand everybody has.
I'm selling this piece of crap, FlyTouch, and I might buy someday another tablet. To be honest my experience with android tablets is worst! From the factory where this crap is produced the tablet's performance is poor. Now with 0.4 it's so much better than before, still it's just unable to be useful. With the o-so-poor battery life you won't use it without the adapter plugged in, because it's empty in about 1.5 hour. Because it's so damn slow, 1.5 hour isn't even enough to read /reply your mail. This device, and all the m00x a-likes are obsolete.
Android OS v1.6 and CPU what hurts. The product tends to overheat if you push the CPU. Mine locks up now at 387MHz I had to throttle back to 375MHz. v04a has host file to block ads to the browser loads quicker.
screen buzzing issue is definitely the most important information for me, because SetCPU worked fine also with firmware 0.4a-Rudroid version, i will wait till tipstir uses his magic for this ROM and then install it to my device
I have one more question for users of this device: does anyone have device with working microphone? microphone in my device is not working in any application that uses microphone for communication. Is that maybe firmware based error or my microphone is broken?
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. It's reached it limit! Who has the file here? Can you post a link to it. Use Filefront if you have the file thanks. If not I'll check on the file later when the net has reduce in request.