[ROM] 256MB MOD Flytouch 2.0_88 en rooted Market

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
screen buzzing issue is definitely the most important information for me, because SetCPU worked fine also with firmware 0.4a-Rudroid version, i will wait till tipstir uses his magic for this ROM and then install it to my device :)

I have one more question for users of this device: does anyone have device with working microphone? microphone in my device is not working in any application that uses microphone for communication. Is that maybe firmware based error or my microphone is broken?

I have two flytouch here with working microphone. Succesfully tried with several apps like talking tomcat and sipdroid!

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
I read somewhere that installing RootExporer may help getting SetCPU to work on this rom. I tried but to no avail.

SetCpu fails when it normally asks for SuperUser access.

Any idea what is required to get it to work, or is it purely a firmware issue which you can't get around?

Many Thanks

eradicus

Oct 26, 2010
I just realized that after applying RUDROID 0.4 for my 256MB, the camera was reversed as well as the g-sensor. Is the fix included here?

EDIT: I got the answers.

Do the following as root on any terminal:

Reversed Gravity Sensor Fix:
1. Type: setenv gsensor_axis 0,-1,1,1,2,1
2. Type: exit
3. Reboot tablet

Upside Down Camera Fix:
1. Type: setenv camera_rotate 270
2. Type: exit
3. Reboot tablet

Thanks.

Last edited:

clicku

Oct 25, 2010
How to edit the rescriptcmd? It seems its already converted or encrypted. I want to edit this file so it can work with my LY-706. Tipstir, please give us a hint. Thanks

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
How to edit the rescriptcmd? It seems its already converted or encrypted. I want to edit this file so it can work with my LY-706. Tipstir, please give us a hint. Thanks

How did you edit the prior one in the v06?

geo

Nov 16, 2010
hi will this work on my generic apad.

memory size: 256mb
model number: generic
firmware 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build number: WMT2.1_88

Thank you very much!

geo

Thewraith34

Nov 25, 2010
Hi Tipstir
I have this GENERIC flytouch with these specs. Will this rom work on it or can you direct me to one that would?

Firmware version = 1.6
Kernel version = 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Model Number = generic
Build version = WMT2.0.1_88

I would have already tried but I am deathly afraid to brick it even though it's probably not as likely as I believe.

Thanks.

vici0us

Nov 20, 2010
Hi Tipstir
I have this GENERIC flytouch with these specs. Will this rom work on it or can you direct me to one that would?

Firmware version = 1.6
Kernel version = 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Model Number = generic
Build version = WMT2.0.1_88

I would have already tried but I am deathly afraid to brick it even though it's probably not as likely as I believe.

Thanks.

nah you wont brick it. just flash it and wait for the magic.

mar-yo

Dec 5, 2010
hi all,
i'm new here and my adventures with apads and android has began just a few days ago when I bought one on auction,don't have it yet,still waiting for shipment from china :),should be here within 3 weeks (i hope)
i've read a lot of threads here on slatedroid and i slowly begin to understand more or less

here are some spec taken from auction description

• Google Android OS 1.6
  • Processor VIA WM8505 ARM926,
  • memory 256MB DDR2 800Mhz
  • WIFI 802.11 b/g CERTiFIED
  • Rort 1 x RJ45
  • Port 2 x USB etc.
  • my questions are :in original firmware i have my native language (polish),when i update firmware from post above will i have this language or not and if not is it possible to download some patch with this one? I don't know what speed is this processor,is it written somewhere inside apad (firmware), probably it would be a generic apad not MOD and is this software will be good for this unit?or maby i should use different kind of soft
  • thx in advance for ur reply

lex.alviar

Dec 4, 2010
Mr Tipstir:
How about
1. Android shine during boot?
2. Apple icons?

Thanks. This is 1 of the only 2 ROMS i had success with my apad (WMT2.1_88 OEM build)

bambitgaerlan

Dec 11, 2010
Hi Tipstir, now i can finally take my clone flytouch on the road because everything is now working with this ROM.

Am still trying to follow the instructions on how to get the camera to display right side up =)

Edit**

Camera right side up now, after following instructions also found on this forum. thanks very much Tipstir!

Last edited:

Thewraith34

Nov 25, 2010
Anybody,

I really need help with instructions of HOW to flash it. I am to the understanding that you put the rom on the SD card, but where, then what do I do to follow through with the flash and install.

Thanks in advanced!
Thewraith34

searay729

Nov 21, 2010
Anybody,

I really need help with instructions of HOW to flash it. I am to the understanding that you put the rom on the SD card, but where, then what do I do to follow through with the flash and install.

Thanks in advanced!
Thewraith34

Thewraith34: In case you have not found the answer yet; Power down the tablet, attach power, insert SD card, and power-up. It will go through the Flash process. Lastly remove card once it is done.

Tipster: Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this!