[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
@DBlake thanks very much for the logcat instruction!

@fusm Thanks for the logcat. Your crash points at libEGL, as do the crashes I collected. Yours is different from mine, so I think it is hard tot repair... I'll upload a non-crashing alternative in a couple of days.
Thanks a lot! Without the crash issue, this 4.4.4 rom is the best choice for me.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
So I installed the grouper compile of SlimKat (SlimRoms KitKat) and it has the same exact issues that the SlimBeans 4.2.2 ROM had. EGL works flawlessly though (no crashing issues) so maybe you can experiment with libs from SlimKat.

EDIT: Great news! My dad found a Micro USB cable he thought he lost a while ago. So, I can now resume debugging/testing!

Last edited:

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
So I installed the grouper compile of SlimKat (SlimRoms KitKat) and it has the same exact issues that the SlimBeans 4.2.2 ROM had. EGL works flawlessly though (no crashing issues) so maybe you can experiment with libs from SlimKat.

EDIT: Great news! My dad found a Micro USB cable he thought he lost a while ago. So, I can now resume debugging/testing!
Good news!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014

Good news Indeed! You're turning into a developer too :)

I have the same experiences with grouper EGL, but the camera is incompatible. I'm slowly doing some experiments without luck so far. I'm all ears for someone who knows how to write a shim / wrapper library.

Well, you should have two soon, haha!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Well, yesterday night I've experimented a lot with making our camera HAL work with grouper EGL libraries and failed. What I did--I binary-hacked the links and names of library dependencies so that our HAL links to only stock libs, such as:

Code:
$ mv libnvrm.so libntrm.so
$ sed -i s/libnvrm/libntrm/ camera.tegra.so
$ sed -i s/nvrm/ntrm/g libntrm.so

I did the same with libomx.so. That didn't work--the camera HAL loads fine this way, but the preview displays only one image and then green with static, upon which the camera app crashes. No errors from logcat stand out. It must be something to do with EGL, and only libnvcamerahdr.so (or some such) links to libEGL.so and libGLESv2.so, but not explicitly to the Nvidia libs, so I wouldn't know how to go on from that. I will try one more experiment, that is, using the same trick I used on camera.tegra.so to relink the grouper EGL libs, so that all other stock libs can still be used. But honestly, that's a slim chance at best.

Two alternatives-- go forth with our current rom and try to fix the crashes or add grouper libs and a camera wrapper lib and try to fix the camera. Unfortunately, that requires real development, not the kind of "intelligent patch hunting" that I've done so far. So if you know some C and want to help out, let me know!

Last edited:

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Well, yesterday night I've experimented a lot with making our camera HAL work with grouper EGL libraries and failed. What I did--I binary-hacked the links and names of library dependencies so that our HAL links to only stock libs, such as:

Code:
$ mv libnvrm.so libntrm.so
$ sed -i s/libnvrm/libntrm/ camera.tegra.so
$ sed -i s/nvrm/ntrm/g libntrm.so

I did the same with libomx.so. That didn't work--the camera HAL loads fine this way, but the preview displays only one image and then green with static, upon which the camera app crashes. No errors from logcat stand out. It must be something to do with EGL, and only libnvcamerahdr.so (or some such) links to libEGL.so and libGLESv2.so, but not explicitly to the Nvidia libs, so I wouldn't know how to go on from that. I will try one more experiment, that is, using the same trick I used on camera.tegra.so to relink the grouper EGL libs, so that all other stock libs can still be used. But honestly, that's a slim chance at best.

Two alternatives-- go forth with our current rom and try to fix the crashes or add grouper libs and a camera wrapper lib and try to fix the camera. Unfortunately, that requires real development, not the kind of "intelligent patch hunting" that I've done so far. So if you know some C and want to help out, let me know![/CODE]

Do you think Tilapia (Nexus 7 2013) would have better libraries?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Do you think Tilapia (Nexus 7 2013) would have better libraries?
I'm almost certain those will be the exact same libraries. I think tilapia is just grouper with mobile internet. Or you're thinking about "flo", the 2013 Nexus 7. But that isn't even tegra3, unfortunately.

Last edited:

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
I'm almost certain those will be the exact same libraries. I think tilapia is just grouper with mobile internet. Or you're thinking about "flo", the 2013 Nexus 7. But that isn't even tegra3, unfortunately.

Sibul's 4.2.2 AOKP ROM was from Tilapia. Not sure why he chose Tilapia as the base instead of Grouper, but he did.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
The new rom is very good. Now I'm only waiting for the fix of camera and external sdcard.
Thanks for your effort.
Thanks very much for testing! Still no result with camera. Either we use grouper EGL libs, and get the camera hal working with a wrapper, or we fix the EGL lockups with stock EGL libs. Both seem very difficult. I'm thinking of putting online some testing binaries so that people who can code might offer suggestions. E.g., I have a boot.img that starts adb on boot, as root, and insecure, for better logging.

Any suggestions from the group here ?

jinp

Jul 10, 2014
How come the cwm(from this thread) stop at "Booting Android Recovery" on my machine? I did installed sibul rom and cm10 rom.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
How come the cwm(from this thread) stop at "Booting Android Recovery" on my machine? I did installed sibul rom and cm10 rom.
Did you check the md5sum of the recovery? And how did you flash the recovery? As far as I know, it should "just work".