[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Always stop at "Booting Android Recovery"

Okay... That's decidedly weird. I'll boot it myself, later this week, like fastboot -i 0x17ef boot recovery.img, and see what gives.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Small update--I think I now got the camera working without the reboot problem. The real problem was, again, PEBCAK :oops:. I now have learned that, when changing something that results in changed compiler flags (basically, this covers everything in BoardConfig.mk), then you have to do a complete recompile (make clean; make cm_kai-userdebug), or else the new flags will not be applied. So when I only did make clean in everything related to frameworks, and then added the USE_MHEAP_SCREENSHOTS := true thing (or whatever it's called precisely), it didn't get applied.

Another thing, I noticed that, after deactivating bluetooth, gps and wifi, I got 23 minutes of deep sleep (overnight), so at least there's a little bit of light at the end of that tunnel as well.

Final lesson, while many grouper hals are somewhat compatible with our device, especially gralloc.tegra.so and hwcomposer.tegra.so (although they are not compatible with our camera), most cause all kinds of small, hard-to-trace bugs, so I've reverted all sensor-related libs to stock kai. Anything else requires real development, not just building.

But hey, the good news is--we seem to have working EGL with working camera, without reboots! I'll post an updated installer within one week.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
How do you installed the cwm? I will have a try.

I just tested again, I have no problem. You're using Linux, right? I've compiled adb and fastboot and put them in my path, and I'm assuming you've done the same. I then do the following:

Code:
# fastboot -i 0x17ef flash recovery cwm-6.0.5.1-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img

I'm not sure whether it's necessary to do so as root. To only boot the recovery, and not flash it, you can alternatively do:
Code:
# fastboot -i 0x17ef boot cwm-6.0.5.1-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img

Try it, and see if it works. Just to be sure--you ARE using A2109a, right?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
New ROM :)

cm-11-20150616-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip
(md5: f9339d177f3f1f43bce0632b8219cb5c)

Not working / bugs:
  • Mounting sdcard / usbdrive
  • WifiP2P (Wifi direct)
  • No deep sleep when bluetooth is on, or wifi is off
  • Hardware rotation lock button
Things are shaping up nicely! I'm content when mounting / vold gets working. By the way, please test all the working / non-working stuff yourself!

Last edited:

fusm

Jun 5, 2014

Not working / bugs:
  • WifiP2P (Wifi direct)
Things are shaping up nicely! I'm content when mounting / vold gets working. By the way, please test all the working / non-working stuff yourself!
Seems the package is corrupted.

Punkroku

Jun 11, 2015

Not working / bugs:
  • WifiP2P (Wifi direct)
I will like to try this when it is stable. Thanks for your work. I wish I could be of help I dont know anything about rooting or superuser or flashing a new rom as of yet. lvl 0 no xp I have to train so I can see... (conan beta reference)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Seems the package is corrupted.
You were right, thanks for the heads up! Package should be fixed now. I never had this happen before--the package got corrupted when I copied it from one disk to another?!? Hope nothing's failing in my server...

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Camera ok now. And I can find my external sdcard under /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1.
Thanks for testing! Can I ask, how is your sdcard partitioned? And which filesystem does it use? And did you also try usb drive?

One more thing, I changed a couple of things in init regarding bluetooth. I think we now have deep sleep again with bluetooth enabled. Can you verify?

Thanks again for testing!

jinp

Jul 10, 2014
I just tested again, I have no problem. You're using Linux, right? I've compiled adb and fastboot and put them in my path, and I'm assuming you've done the same. I then do the following:

Code:
# fastboot -i 0x17ef flash recovery cwm-6.0.5.1-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img

I'm not sure whether it's necessary to do so as root. To only boot the recovery, and not flash it, you can alternatively do:
Code:

Try it, and see if it works. Just to be sure--you ARE using A2109a, right?

It is a2109 and it is running cm10(from your another thread) ok,
will add third line "Booting downloaded image" then stop.

Might be the hardware problem. The machine does got "burned" once. On sibul rom one time the screen cut into 2, left has vertical lines and right has horizontal ones. with big noise, I just put it aside and let it run 2 or 3 hours until battery ran out(feared battery may explode) the external card got toasted. and case has little dent. Now sometimes it will not start with external card(good one) pluged in.

fusm

Jun 5, 2014
Yes. I've tested. Usb drive can work on my pad. Files can be read under /mnt/media_rw/usbdrive
Both of my external sdcard and usb disk are all partitioned with FAT32.
If needed, I can take a photo and upload.

<<<One more thing, I changed a couple of things in init regarding bluetooth. I think we now have deep sleep again with bluetooth enabled. Can you verify?

How to verify it?
I've noticed when I listening music via bluetooth, if the screen closed, there are many irregular breaks in the songs. I don't know whether or not it is a bug.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Okay, we're collecting bugs now. I guess that's a good thing, but grrrrRRRR!!! Don't we all want stuff to just work :)

Incidentally, I myself am quite happy with the current build for the first time. I think it's really a lot faster and smoother than Jelly Bean. Of course, I don't have any measurements to back this up, and cognitive dissonance theory would explain why I would think that even if it weren't true. But hey! For me, this is sufficient improvement to accept a little loss in functionality.

And some good news--it appears that at least some of the vold magic (mounting sdcard, usbdrive) is working, thanks @fusm! And on that note, @fusm, I have one more request, I would really appreciate logcat output for when you plug and unplug sdcard and usbdrive. I'm asking, because neither of mine seem to work, and I want to narrow down if it's just my usbdrive/sdcard which are partitioned strangely, or something repairable.

Also, I'm pretty confident that the bluesleep issue has gone away, which means that we're back at normal battery life. However, now @profeet's point is still there. @profeet -- I would very much appreciate it if you go back to my previous kitkat build, to see whether you still have the "irregular breaks in sound via bluetooth when screen is off" bug. Also, I would very much appreciate logcat output.

Finally, I found a new bug myself. Since I switched to stock sensors libraries, I noticed that the gyroscope isn't working anymore. I'm going to hunt that one myself.

In sum--we have the following confirmed bugs now:
  • Battery drain when Wifi is turned off (thanks @profeet for the reminder)
  • Some sdcard / usbdrive do not mount
  • No wifip2p (wifi direct)
  • Irregular breaks in sound via bluetooth when screen is off
  • No hardware rotation lock button
Keep adding if you find bugs. Also, if you can, try to google for possible solutions ("wifip2p patch kitkat" could be one search). And logcat!

Last edited: