[ROM][7.1.2] Unlegacy Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi PJBrs,

I have tested the latest Unlegacy ROM over the weekend (2017-11-30 version). The following is what I found.

Everything work fine with GApps Pico, the only problem is it will FC at the initial setup. The wifi was not enable at the first boot. I have to use the following ADB CLI (adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings.wifi.WifiSettings) to bring up the wifi setting to enable the radio. Not sure you can modify the ROM to have the wifi enable at the first bootup. I believe the BT was enabled at first boot.

The "split screen" is working fine when I do clean install with or withou GApps. It stops working after I installed SuperSU. Not sure what causes it.

The only question I have is the "user profile" configure is disabled. I cannot create a "restricted user" for my kid. I think it was available on CM.

Great works, thanks.

KK
Thanks for testing! That commandline might be useful for debugging :)

I'll see whether I can do something about profiles too...

rocksolid87

Dec 5, 2017
The 4 corners thing didn't allow me to skip the setup wizard. It simply said "accessibility mode enabled," but never took me to the home screen.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Can anybody retry with the latest gapps package they can get? And remember, the rom and gapps need to be installed without rebooting in - between!

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
I wasn't aware of this, but I think most of the team are :) Thanks for letting me know!
Our beloved tab has 1GB RAM, so "normal" Oreo will run on it, too, but for the Go Edition even 512 MB RAM is sufficient - hence, a faster, stabler, smoother RAM basis for us!

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Hello,
Just installed ua_a2109-7.1.2-20171221-0804 build, performance overall is good but still have video playback issue, sometimes becomes unresponsive and has some lagging for few seconds then return normal and so on.
Especially if I press the player pause botton(or maybe coincidence).
Playing becomes like slow motion movie!

I'm using MX player, VLC player and stock one and has same problem.

Thanks,
Happy new year!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
Hi
What's the latest with version 7? Is this still alive, what's the best of the auto compiled images?

Thanks

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
My ua6.xx decided to get temperamental about HDMI recognition, so I just wiped and tried the latest 7.12 as of today's date. So far not bad. There was one funny glitch where the screen was flicking black, locking up. Since power cycling seems OK. Kiss of death, but even chrome seems OK

Dec 27, 2013
Hi,
after some troubles (had stoneage cwm recovery -> error flashing -> problem getting fastboot to work ....) I managed to flash your ROM and finally open gapps 7.1 and superSU.

thanks for your effort and keep up the good work,
Goofy

Last edited:

Geomatic

Mar 25, 2018
This ROM is great!
The only bug I found: occasional WIFI drops.
Any chance of getting this fixed?

Edit: no more WIFI drops. Either due to new router or due to new version. Anyway, all seems fine now.

Last edited:

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
PJBrs has made it clear that real life takes precedence. Posts asking if real life has improved because you want an update to a ROM is both selfish and offensive.
Dear
Hi, real life is currently very much in the way of development. Don't expect any updates soon. Sorry, but it's just fair to let everyone know.
Dear PJBrs, a month has gone by - any improvement in 'real life'? :)

echoplob

Jun 5, 2018
Hey guys,

stupid question (i am sure).. if i try to flash the new rom it says 'Warning: No file_contextsThis package is for device: kai,a2109; this device is A2109A'...

any workaround?

cheers