[ROM][7.1.2] Unlegacy Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)

rocksolid87

Dec 5, 2017
With the latest rom I was finally able to get past the initial problem I was having. I was able to get past the initial setup and begin using the tablet. Now I'm facing a different problem. When trying to install most apps the tablet will automatically crash and reboot. I've installed things like Firefox, YouTube, etc, but when trying to install VLC or any games for my kids I get the same crash and reboot every time it starts to install. It will download the app, but upon installation it crashes and reboots.

Is there a fix for this?

Itsik

Sep 4, 2018
I just wanted to thank the people involved in this project. I found this forum after googling if there are any roms for my old tablet, and to my surprise I found that there are. It's like getting a new tablet. I installed the latest Nougat rom over stock Jelly Bean, and until now it seems to work reasonably well.

momotizzati

Nov 4, 2018
Hello

Is this rom working on acer iconia a500? If yes please someone could be so kind to targeting me to the correct download files and gaaps?

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Inviato dal mio BV9000Pro-F utilizzando Tapatalk

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hello

Is this rom working on acer iconia a500? If yes please someone could be so kind to targeting me to the correct download files and gaaps?

Sorry, no. I know that a500 also is tegra3, but it's an entirely different beast...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I just wanted to thank the people involved in this project. I found this forum after googling if there are any roms for my old tablet, and to my surprise I found that there are. It's like getting a new tablet. I installed the latest Nougat rom over stock Jelly Bean, and until now it seems to work reasonably well.
Good to hear! Thanks!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Just a quick note... I've succeeded in adapting an open source sensors hal to our device (prerequisite for Oreo)... I might be able to get to Oreo, although it appears that all other tegra3 devices have graphics driver issues...

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
Just a quick note... I've succeeded in adapting an open source sensors hal to our device (prerequisite for Oreo)... I might be able to get to Oreo, although it appears that all other tegra3 devices have graphics driver issues...
Sounds awsome! :)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Another small update - I managed to build and boot Oreo. Things aren't looking too well. Sensors don't work but should be easy to solve. Camera might or might not be fixable, certainly doesn't work. GPS might be fixable.

The biggest problem is our graphics HALs, gralloc and hwcomposer, which lead to frequent bootloops that are probably beyond my competence to fix, and other tegra3 developers somehow appear to have harder problems than we (and I don't understand why)... So... Things aren't looking too good, to be honest.

Feb 7, 2017
Hello. I've just installed this ROM a little while ago on my A2109A-F, and I seem to be getting frequent reboots. For instance: I just attempted to format the SD card. 20% into the format, and the tablet reboots. I haven't been able to test it much other than that, but I am currently running the most recent experimental.

Is this a known issue with the previous "Stable" build? I'm downloading the last non-experimental build to try and verify if this is a bug introduced in this version or not.

Anyhow, I thank you for continuing to develop for the IdeaTab. My kids love the tablet, but it's just gotten so far behind in official updates that there are very few apps that work on it anymore. Your work is plenty appreciated!
Regards,
Raven FellBlade

Edit/Update: I've installed the last non-experimental build with opengapps Pico, after doing a full wipe, and things seem to be working just fine now. I installed Minecraft, and it installed just fine. Running it seems to be a different story altogether. It loads to a white screen, and then turns into a strobe light.
Otherwise, the rom seems to be working fairly well.

Last edited:

Jayome Mevarg

Feb 5, 2019
Help please ... I can not install any Rom because in the recovery I get error 7 ... how can I solve that?

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_175916.jpg
    IMG_20190205_175916.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 688

rsvtoddy

May 21, 2013
Help please ... I can not install any Rom because in the recovery I get error 7 ... how can I solve that?

This thread is for the Lenovo A2109 and you are installing a Kai ROM so I guess you have an Nvidia tablet??? Are you asking in the correct place and installing the correct ROM for your tablet?

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk

Jayome Mevarg

Feb 5, 2019
This thread is for the Lenovo A2109 and you are installing a Kai ROM so I guess you have an Nvidia tablet??? Are you asking in the correct place and installing the correct ROM for your tablet?

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk

My tablet is Nvidia A2109A-F ... But I could install this Rom ... I'm trying to install root now