[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
So something that's pretty cool I just found out: we can run grouper ROMs with just a few issues. I installed the slimbeans 4.2.2 grouper compile with your kernel and it boots up with working display and bluetooth. Couldn't seem to get audio, WiFi, or camera to work though.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
So something that's pretty cool I just found out: we can run grouper ROMs with just a few issues. I installed the slimbeans 4.2.2 grouper compile with your kernel and it boots up with working display and bluetooth. Couldn't seem to get audio, WiFi, or camera to work though.
That's pretty cool! For camera, take the Hal from my rom and libtjpg.so and retry. Use readelf -d on the Hal and other libs to find other missing dependencies. WiFi is probably an init problem or the firmware isn't where the kernel expects it. Symlink it to the same location where it is in my rom.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
@PJBrs very nice ROM. I flash it again. Thanks for new life of our tablet!
But I have "old" bug with wi-fi, when wi-fi is off, battery fast drain (like on stock 4.1.2).
How to fix this issue?
I can confirm. Leave WiFi on, even though disconnected.

I also found that hdmi out isn't working in aosp. Anyone know whether it works in cm?

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
That's pretty cool! For camera, take the Hal from my rom and libtjpg.so and retry. Use readelf -d on the Hal and other libs to find other missing dependencies. WiFi is probably an init problem or the firmware isn't where the kernel expects it. Symlink it to the same location where it is in my rom.
Oh, and the touchscreen has this "touch point" thing enabled. (can't use multitouch normally for some reason).

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Oh, and the touchscreen has this "touch point" thing enabled. (can't use multitouch normally for some reason).
See my device.mk and proprietary_files.txt.

I think it is:
/system/usr/idc/ft5x0x_ts.idc

Else, it is one of:
/system/usr/idc/qwerty2.idc
/system/usr/idc/raydium_ts.idc
/system/usr/idc/sensor00fn11.idc

Have you tried kitkat this way?

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
I think SlimRoms would be a better platform for you to make testbuilds with since SlimRoms (SlimKat, SlimBeans, etc) have a much smaller size and the code would take much less time to compile.

tl;dr Can I get a SlimBeans compile if it's not too much to ask please?

ALSO: KitKat would not install because the install-script uses set_metadata since 4.3 and up have a bit tighter system file security.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I think SlimRoms would be a better platform for you to make testbuilds with since SlimRoms (SlimKat, SlimBeans, etc) have a much smaller size and the code would take much less time to compile.

tl;dr Can I get a SlimBeans compile if it's not too much to ask please?

ALSO: KitKat would not install because the install-script uses set_metadata since 4.3 and up have a bit tighter system file security.
Hmmm... I just built KitKat. Indeed it doesn't install, even after upgrading cwm. Also it doesn't boot and I can't reach adb. I expect slimkat to be the same.

So. I can start trying to debug my KitKat build or I can go back to 4.3. What do you recommend? I'll do a slimrom after I get cm-11.0 to boot. I don't think a rebuild should be necessary for that.

jeremy6652

May 9, 2015
I would really linke to see an 4.4 release. As much as I understand both won't install so it doesn't make a huge difference.
Also pretty nice and smooth ROM. I'm using the CM version and notice mostly no lags.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm... I just built KitKat. Indeed it doesn't install, even after upgrading cwm. Also it doesn't boot and I can't reach adb. I expect slimkat to be the same.

So. I can start trying to debug my KitKat build or I can go back to 4.3. What do you recommend? I'll do a slimrom after I get cm-11.0 to boot. I don't think a rebuild should be necessary for that.
I know why it doesn't install! I can help with this... Replace update_binary with this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2532300

On a related note, my only MicroUSB cable bit the dust the other day so I can't debug by USB or copy over files any more. I can still install test builds, but I have to be very careful.

Last edited: