[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Is that the same one you linked me to the other day? If it is, sorry.. I got sidetracked by the UD 3.1.2 ROM and then when I saw this v5 thing, I assumed it was the latest and greatest.. I guess the shiny toys aren't always the best ones, huh?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
On the kernel installation.. Is it just a simple CWR flash like the ROM or something more complicated?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
LOL...That is the same phiremod I am running right now, and have been for weeks.

Yeah, I was bummed when phiredrop jumped from this version to the CM version of gingerbread, as it means there is no forward path, but...it is stable, flash works, youtube app works (even though it seems youtube has taken a big dump the past couple days, noticed it on my pc)

Only downside is black text on DARK gray backgrounds in menu's.

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
LOL...That is the same phiremod I am running right now, and have been for weeks.

Yeah, I was bummed when phiredrop jumped from this version to the CM version of gingerbread, as it means there is no forward path, but...it is stable, flash works, youtube app works (even though it seems youtube has taken a big dump the past couple days, noticed it on my pc)

Only downside is black text on DARK gray backgrounds in menu's.

I need to install a new ROM to my bork'd Nook. I was running froyo, but if I'm gonna re-install, I may as well move to the latest and greatest...

So, what is the latest and greatest? I'm looking for something stable. Was planning on latest Phiremod, but if it causes rapid battery drain, maybe I won't.

Suggestions?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Phiremod Beta 2 is a stable popular choice for Froyo. Just follow the few posts above from Darmeen.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I haven't ran Phiremod beta 2 yet, but the best thing I've ran so far is the UD 3.1.2, which is gingerbread based.. The battery life, at least on my wife's NC, has been very good. My only gripe is that it's a little too "decorated".. I'd rather have something that looked more generic, and not see the "Ultimate Droid" logo so often.. If you're not worried about that, then it's great. (and no, I'm not uninstalling it just because of that..)

I'll be trying the Phiremod beta 2 this weekend though.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It all just depends on what you are looking for. If you want B&N functionailty stick with 2.1. If you want flash and everyday stability use 2.2. You want cutting edge mostly useable then 2.3. Preview of the future without a real underlying build 3.0 :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
It all just depends on what you are looking for. If you want B&N functionailty stick with 2.1. If you want flash and everyday stability use 2.2. You want cutting edge mostly useable then 2.3. Preview of the future without a real underlying build 3.0 :)

That's why I'm doing the Phiremod beta 2 this weekend, but I really haven't seen anything wrong or unstable with UD..

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
I haven't ran Phiremod beta 2 yet, but the best thing I've ran so far is the UD 3.1.2, which is gingerbread based.. The battery life, at least on my wife's NC, has been very good. My only gripe is that it's a little too "decorated".. I'd rather have something that looked more generic, and not see the "Ultimate Droid" logo so often.. If you're not worried about that, then it's great. (and no, I'm not uninstalling it just because of that..)

I'll be trying the Phiremod beta 2 this weekend though.
Could you please describe/point me at "UD 3.1.2"? I'm not familiar w/ that acronym. Thanks

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
There is a new version over at xda. March 18 2011. Time to fix OP again.

V5.1 - Nightly 22
New base (3/17)
- Youtube! (still slow framerate)
Stock Kernel
Added TubeXL (thanks Chris Peas)
Removed Flash (install from Market)
Fixed battery icons
Added phiremod-walls.apk
Fixed Email/Gallery 3D icons
Reverted to stock Market
Updated ADW settings (fixed default screen)

Dangit.. I'm going to have to get myself a second NC, just so I can keep one to play with! Loving the rapid pace of the development.

EDIT: Any idea what TubeXL is?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
YouTube XL is just a simplified version of made to run with different UI. At least that is how it Works on the PS3.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:

phiremod nook V5.1
New base (3/17)
- Youtube!
Stock Kernel
Added TubeXL (thanks Chris Peas)
Removed Flash (install from Market)
Fixed battery icons
Added phiremod-walls.apk
Fixed Email/Gallery 3D icons