[ROM][BETA] Light ELF III

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Looking forward to the future releases on this build, I know you have single handed stabilized the 4.0.4 version with light elf 2 and I know if anyone can do jellybean its you!

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
It opens but crashes when videos start. Maybe I'm the only person?

After almost a week, I found out few bugs;

- YouTube apps no longer work (crashed while loading video) though watching youtube through browser (built-in, chrome, Firefox, opera etc) is fine and dandy.

- Slow access of internal storage, even there's no app install/fresh from hard reset (always crash when viewing storage at settings/also crashed when viewing using app2sd).

- keyboard touch vibration still on despite after turning it off from sound at settings.

- brightness setting randomly change for no reason.

Other than that pretty much stable to me.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011

- YouTube apps no longer work (crashed while loading video) though watching youtube through browser (built-in, chrome, Firefox, opera etc) is fine and dandy.

- Slow access of internal storage, even there's no app install/fresh from hard reset (always crash when viewing storage at settings/also crashed when viewing using app2sd).

- keyboard touch vibration still on despite after turning it off from sound at settings.

Thank you for the feedback, the next version should have alot of issues addressed and hopefully make alot of people even happier, spread the word light elf makes the elf 2 shine!

perfect.xs

Oct 30, 2012
Working on the project right now going to pull an all nigher on this one, if anyone wants to buy me a energy drink or coffee feel free!

I know you're in Canada, but not sure where... If you're in Calgary I can give you some drinks haha.
Found a minor bug with the AOSP keyboard when you open up the custom settings, it FC. Also with some games that are using multi touch (like magic piano) it thinks that the tab only has 2 point touch, so only loads up 2 of the 5 keys that it should.
So far, I think the battery life is unbelievably long, possibly the best ROM I've seen. 1d21h33m on battery and it's 26%. light to moderate use. Can't wait to see the improvements you do to this!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I know you're in Canada, but not sure where... If you're in Calgary I can give you some drinks haha.
Found a minor bug with the AOSP keyboard when you open up the custom settings, it FC. Also with some games that are using multi touch (like magic piano) it thinks that the tab only has 2 point touch, so only loads up 2 of the 5 keys that it should.
So far, I think the battery life is unbelievably long, possibly the best ROM I've seen. 1d21h33m on battery and it's 26%. light to moderate use. Can't wait to see the improvements you do to this!

Thank you thank you, the lower touch etc is all a-part of the battery life being so well out of the box, I'm also going to show users howto get 11000+ antutu in coming versions its just not an option without some tweaks :)

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011

(Google made some changes causing me some issues with this one, however its fixed and now can play 720p too with the black edition.)

- Internal storage is fine, its jellybean by default

I cannot make the brightness change unless i turn on auto... so it seems fine.

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
(Google made some changes causing me some issues with this one, however its fixed and now can play 720p too with the black edition.)

- Internal storage is fine, its jellybean by default

I cannot make the brightness change unless i turn on auto... so it seems fine.

I see then. The storage issue was actually app2sd apps issue, so the developer brought the new update and so far no longer crash while viewing storage.

And the brightness also no longer an issue. Somehow it fix itself, since I didn't make much change this few days.

zpisti

Aug 29, 2012
Hello and Merry Christmas for everyone.
I use my elf2 about 6 mounth,but yesterday it hapens someting with them,it doesn't seen the internal sd memory.I make a factory reset,change the firmware to Darkelf but nothing hapens.If I turn off,I can't turn on,have to swich off(long press the power button).After swich on,shows "preparing sd card,cheking for errors" but didn't saw the internal memory.What is the problem with my elf 2 ?How can I solve this problem?
Sorry my english!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hello and Merry Christmas for everyone.
I use my elf2 about 6 mounth,but yesterday it hapens someting with them,it doesn't seen the internal sd memory.I make a factory reset,change the firmware to Darkelf but nothing hapens.If I turn off,I can't turn on,have to swich off(long press the power button).After swich on,shows "preparing sd card,cheking for errors" but didn't saw the internal memory.What is the problem with my elf 2 ?How can I solve this problem?
Sorry my english!

Hmm try the original recovery image if you can find it, worked for me once upon a time.