[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7-105 (testing)

Jota

May 25, 2011
Install the original rom via UPDATA, boot the tablet, enable USB debug, so that your computer can see your tablet ( to test try adb shell ), and then adb reboot recovery should work.

Jota

May 25, 2011
but now i have no clue on how to install CM9 (because adb isnt finding my devide)...

To install cm9 you only need fastboot.

the recovery is needed only to do a backup and wipe data (recommended).

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
For recovery access pull out battery if you are in fastboot mode then press menu(left side in the middle) + call(right side green one) + power and keep them pressed after first screen with ideos release power button and cheep the other two pressed until a black screen show up (recovery dos not have boot image) release the two key and you wil be on recovery.
For fastboot press up and down volume+power.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
To install cm9 you only need fastboot.

the recovery is needed only to do a backup and wipe data (recommended).
So how do you install rom do you made it as img file?.. to be flashed with fastboot.
If so yes you can doit with fastboot if no you need recovery.

Jota

May 25, 2011
So how do you install rom do you made it as img file?.. to be flashed with fastboot.
If so yes you can doit with fastboot if no you need recovery.

yes, its .img files, and includes the wifi and the capacitive fix for the s7-105

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
i'm trying again... tell me.. are the links on first post updated? (i mean.. is it the last version to test??)

Jota

May 25, 2011
For recovery access pull out battery if you are in fastboot mode then press menu(left side in the middle) + call(right side green one) + power and keep them pressed after first screen with ideos release power button and cheep the other two pressed until a black screen show up (recovery dos not have boot image) release the two key and you wil be on recovery.

I didn't know about that key combination, it works!
Thanks!

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
I didn't know about that key combination, it works!
Thanks!

i knew about it but even that wasnt working... i was totally stuck...!

hey... tell me.. what is the key combination to go into fastboot?? (got tired of trying so i made "adb reboot bootloder")

i have a problem installing recovery img... it uploads and then it says:

"writting 'recovery'...
FAILED <remote: flash write failure>"

Last edited:

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
Jota! can you tell me what changes did you make to your Ideos S7-105??? for example... the partition size, system file type... all that stuff you know?!?

i'm asking cause it is still not working

thank you

luisrene88

Sep 1, 2012
Jota! can you tell me what changes did you make to your Ideos S7-105??? for example... the partition size, system file type... all that stuff you know?!?

i'm asking cause it is still not working

thank you
to enter in fastboot mode just press volume key + and power button and hold on, and them show a messaje "enter into fastboot mode, you can press HOME +BACK to reboot device" now plug you usb and write into cmd console (if you are using windows) "fastboot devices" if say ????? ??? of like something that, everything is ok, any question?

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
i get "? fastboot".. i think that problem might be with my current internal memory.. i have only 108Mb or smthing like that

p.s.: check your private message Luis

Last edited:

luisrene88

Sep 1, 2012
i get "? fastboot".. i think that problem might be with my current internal memory.. i have only 108Mb or smthing like that

p.s.: check your private message Luis

forget my answer in private message jeje, yes if say "? fastboot" everything is ok, try write "fastboot reboot" if your devices reboot is ok, now you can flash your recovery

Jota

May 25, 2011
thank you

Hi!
nothing changed...
it should work on every other 105
did you managed to flash the recovery?

kaysun

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks goodaone your images for both CM9 and 10 work well. But I had to return to Jota's as mouse pointer touch is really bugging. I read somewhere that S7-10x does not support frame buffering and multitouch due to some step function issue. I included multitouch in android.hardware.touchscreen.xml in Froyo. It will zoom in or out easily but to click a link on web page one needs to click below the link to activate it.

I tried modifying CM10 touch file and deleted as well to use stock Froyo file but neither helped. Besides when I boot up there is overlay screen of two IDEOS in green/white on top of original Huawei logo in the middle suggesting some screen size related to pixels are present. I tried lcd density 120, 160 and even 240. With 120 the screen looks much better without huge icons but still touch is buggy. The green/white image gives a split screen with one in middle of left half and the other in middle of right half.

Last edited:

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
no.... when i try to flash a recovery diferent then the one i currently have it fails on writting and then i get stuck on fastboot.... the only way to be abble to reboot system is if i reflash my previous recovery (that one doesnt fail on writing)

aditional info:
# cat proc/mtd
cat proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"
mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd2: 0fa00000 00020000 "system"
mtd3: 02100000 00020000 "cache"
mtd4: 0a000000 00020000 "userdata"
mtd5: 00200000 00020000 "logo"
mtd6: 000e0000 00020000 "splash"
mtd7: 00200000 00020000 "misc"