[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7-105 (testing)

shin445

Aug 16, 2012
@goodoane
cm10 is faster than cm9

bootcm10.img and boot_cm10_104_105.img problem
reset to 160mb phone storage after shutting down.
reflashing rom wont work. i think its the kernel problem

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Yes is a problem with that and is related to kernel. I stop working on cm10 for now because I can't fix the USB storage mount on PC. I am back now to cm9. Any way on the next 4 week's I will be busy.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk 2

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
Is it not compatible with S7-105 has no internal sd 8GB but ROM 512MB version?
I tried flashing this ICS 4.0 via fastboot and reboot then it shows "Type password" message on the screen.

VictorMike

Sep 17, 2012
Is it not compatible with S7-105 has no internal sd 8GB but ROM 512MB version?
I tried flashing this ICS 4.0 via fastboot and reboot then it shows "Type password" message on the screen.

I have same problem with all CM9 versions here. I read its something about residue left over by earlier firmware installations. Formatting everything on recovery can help, did not work for me though.
Can someone with better knowledge about this tell what it is really about?

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
I have same problem with all CM9 versions here. I read its something about residue left over by earlier firmware installations. Formatting everything on recovery can help, did not work for me though.
Can someone with better knowledge about this tell what it is really about?

I cleaned everything and i didnt have that problem... the only problem i had was that it wasnt booting at all at first boot (i was stuck in the animation)... the solution was to make another full clean using recovery (in my case i use a old one)... after this... everything went PERFECT

Clean Cache, Data, Calvik something (i dont know the exact name)... and it will work... at least it did for me...

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
I've figured that "Type password" issue and boot-in ICS successfully finally.
It seems that issue relate with storage really as I guess,
duo to some S7-105 has no internal sd 8GB but just only ROM 512MB,
I unpack the boot.img and edit this init.s7.rc into ramdisk file,
and just mark below lines(of course can also delete them directly),

#on fs
# devwait /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# exec /system/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc data=journal

but I found there is also a speaker issue like other modified android 2.2.2 on my device in this CM9,
after a sound playback then speaker pop up a noise every time. I guess it relate with the kernel.

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
I've figured that "Type password" issue and boot-in ICS successfully finally.
It seems that issue relate with storage really as I guess,
duo to some S7-105 has no internal sd 8GB but just only ROM 512MB,
I unpack the boot.img and edit this init.s7.rc into ramdisk file,
and just mark below lines(of course can also delete them directly),

#on fs
# devwait /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# exec /system/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc data=journal

but I found there is also a speaker issue like other modified android 2.2.2 on my device in this CM9,
after a sound playback then speaker pop up a noise every time. I guess it relate with the kernel.

how do you change and repac boot.img? i want to change Touchscreen drivers to home made ones

fbcomp

Sep 18, 2012
Ola Jota desde Brasil tambem, Hello Jota since Brasil also

Installed CM9 in my S7 model 106 and all work fine with 180DPI

Wifi, ok

3G ok, necessary configure APNs mannualy

GPS not tested yet

Youtube and videos working very well

Skype, Netflix, Radadroid ( message in google play says that are not compatible with this OS version)

Any idea to solve this problem?

About CM10

Installed and can not do anything , there is a ball in screen but can not open it to enter in main menu or anyelse

Abraço
Regards

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
how do you change and repac boot.img? i want to change Touchscreen drivers to home made ones

I used a tool called "bootimg" for windows to un/repack boot.img, and I used Ubuntu installed in VM to edit ramdisk file.

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
Ola Jota desde Brasil tambem, Hello Jota since Brasil also

Installed CM9 in my S7 model 106 and all work fine with 180DPI

Wifi, ok

3G ok, necessary configure APNs mannualy

GPS not tested yet

Youtube and videos working very well

Skype, Netflix, Radadroid ( message in google play says that are not compatible with this OS version)

Any idea to solve this problem?

About CM10

Installed and can not do anything , there is a ball in screen but can not open it to enter in main menu or anyelse

Abraço
Regards

I thought that 106 model was a myth :O what are the specifications of 106? i allways wanted to know... :|

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
i need a system.img of CM10.. can someone make it available please?!? i dont have recovery so i can only install it by flashing manually via fastboot... and i need system.img to do it