[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
as i said the storage isnt problem, i just mounted into /data2 for prevent from messing up the system, rild: something in permission (cm10's ramdisk also crashes the rild on cm9...) but i dont have any idea yet

could u try this? just restored my system and popped out an idea from my head

fastboot boot cm10_boot_extsd_rild.img
or
fastboot flash boot cm10_boot_extsd_rild.img

ps.: gpu/c2d2 composition removed in cm10, there was c2d2 and mdp in cm9 and the default(gpu)

I dont now then that HW is working..fills slower then CM9

I must say thah I dont like to play with boot images..eaistest way to brick device but I will try...but must tell me first why is 3.5 mb when all other your boot images have 5..is it safe

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I dont now then that HW is working..fills slower then CM9

I must say thah I dont like to play with boot images..eaistest way to brick device but I will try.

u cant brick it with boot flashing, if it fails to boot it boots into recovery, if recovery fails, into bootloader (only the udata.app or whatever can brick it with the lowlevel flash)
but if u just use the 'fastboot boot boot.img' it doesnt writes anything, just boot up the kernel from the ram, after a reboot it will be gone

Jota

May 25, 2011
it lacks of the touchscreen calibration file (.idc), do a adb logcat and search for it then
adb remount rw
adb cp /system/usr/idc/t1320.idc /system/usr/idc/MISSING_FILE.idc
reboot

But asturel, this is for the s7_10x with capacitive screen (105) or the resistive one (101, 104) ??

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
u cant brick it with boot flashing, if it fails to boot it boots into recovery, if recovery fails, into bootloader (only the udata.app or whatever can brick it with the lowlevel flash)
but if u just use the 'fastboot boot boot.img' it doesnt writes anything, just boot up the kernel from the ram, after a reboot it will be gone

I have flashed but had to make flashable zip because I can't make adb to work for this device on win 7

Storage is now here.

Is adb working on your pc..I have instaled drivers for ideos but thing they don't work because name is different now..I try different cable ,even windows 8 and no luck ..I have 2 other android devices and for them work normaly

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I have flashed but had to make flashable zip because I can't make adb to work for this device on win 7

Storage is now here.

Is adb working on your pc..I have instaled drivers for ideos but thing they don't work because name is different now..I try different cable ,even windows 8 and no luck ..I have 2 other android devices and for them work normaly

there is no need for ideos drivers, just the _LATEST_ google usb drivers (android sdk), anyway, i fixed the rild (the issue was 'other'.. but i hope i can get it fix in a more proper way.. qmuxd have to run as root, but it creates the socket for root only, but the rild setuid as radio.. so it cant connect to it)

now building the whole rom, flashable zip soon..

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
there is no need for ideos drivers, just the _LATEST_ google usb drivers (android sdk), anyway, i fixed the rild (the issue was 'other'.. but i hope i can get it fix in a more proper way.. qmuxd have to run as root, but it creates the socket for root only, but the rild setuid as radio.. so it cant connect to it)

now building the whole rom, flashable zip soon..
Can you enable mobile and is it big problem and maybe tablet UI ..changing DPI below 128 does not get in tablet made like in CM9

I thing that wiping everything improved speed for me..apex launcher is i thing now same speed like cm9 but still when you swipe down notification drawer you see delay in drawing and on CM9 is instant..but CM10 has really good and fast browser.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Can you enable mobile and is it big problem and maybe tablet UI ..changing DPI below 128 does not get in tablet made like in CM9

I thing that wiping everything improved speed for me..apex launcher is i thing now same speed like cm9 but still when you swipe down notification drawer you see delay in drawing and on CM9 is instant..but CM10 has really good and fast browser.

i think everything works now.. i have uploaded two versions, a normal and a tablet mode activated

p.s. to get audio work: change a volume once (vol+ or vol-)

p.s. II: check http://www.asturel.hu/cm9_s7/cm10_audio_fix/

Last edited:

beav419and

Sep 10, 2012
I love this Rom (cm9) and I want to keep using it but for some reason netflix doesn't work. Any ideas? I know its silly but thats like half what I use my tablet for.