[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
cm-10-20120909-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip (not tested)
-- enabled hw vsync
-- maybe sensors are working.. (backported ics's old sensor hal support, but maybe it isnt working..)

if someone tries it plz feedback :D

p.s. accidently left 'hwui.disable_vsync=true' in build.prop .. please remove that line

Can you tell me why 2.8 gb internal is not visible..do you have problems with it or something else.Basicly that rotation and mobile network and it will have same functionality like CM9.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Can you tell me why 2.8 gb internal is not visible..do you have problems with it or something else.Basicly that rotation and mobile network and it will have same functionality like CM9.

in the readme i wrote that, the ext-sd mounted as /data2, so it dont harm anything. could u post a logcat from the start?

so it use the actually @data, which is 160MB, not the internal sd

btw.: had time to test it, the sensors works! rotation: after the first boot just turn it off and on

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hi,
I have been working in a few days to get cm9 work on our tablet, my english is very poor so I just wrote down what /not/works
I dont know that is there any difference between s7 slim devices (I own an hungarian device)

Index of /cm9_s7/

WORKING:
  • Mobile data
  • WiFi
  • HW acceleration
  • Sensors (light, accelerometer, magnet, temp)
  • Audio
  • ADB/SD functions
  • recovery (probably all functions)
  • CIFS/SMB/NFS mount
  • Network usage stats
  • Battery usage stats

NOT! Working:
  • BT (anyone can identify bt chip?)
  • HDMI (I dont have hdmi capable device, neither cable, so..) -- MAY WORK -- anyone can test it? :$ (since i dont have OTG cable and hdmi->displayport cable)
  • Camera (probably never will)
  • Tethering (might have chance to work, but there are many apps for this)

DONT FORGET TO WIPE ! NO WIPE NO SHINE !

USE AT OWN RISK, I'm not responsible if you burn your house/face/etc down
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL ROM, SO DON'T BOTHER CM DEVS WITH THIS!

Latest google apps:Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki (install from recovery)
mirror1: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
mirror2: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
newer gapps: Goo.im free android file hosting

P.S.: CPU runs at 998Mhz
any advice/support/etc is welcome

atm im working on cm10, but i dont promise anything.

Thanks for your efforts!

shin445

Aug 16, 2012
Fix for phone and wifi for S7 BB 104 may work on more version.
You need to manually put the file to the corresponding folder as in archive and set correct permission I use Rom Manager 2.80 from XDA under windows it can be done on tablet with rootexplorer.
For the one that get encryption password I think is a bug , I was able to boot normally like that. Remove external sd card>boot in recovery>advanced> fix permission > reboot tablet without external sd card. If you want external sdcard put them in after reboot. If you want to mount on pc internal sdcard you have to doit without external sdcard if external sdcard(sdcard2) is in then that one will be mounted on your PC. So far we can't have both.
WIFI _ PHONE fix for S7-104.zip Download - Directmirror.com - Upload & Mirror your files!

work's perfect! it takes me to format everything inorder to work this..thnx!

-i just notice that the bluetooth connection has a problem in turning it on too.. if you don't mind..could you please help me again

Last edited:

beenhow

Sep 29, 2011
cm-10-20120909-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip (not tested)
-- enabled hw vsync
-- maybe sensors are working.. (backported ics's old sensor hal support, but maybe it isnt working..)

if someone tries it plz feedback :D

p.s. accidently left 'hwui.disable_vsync=true' in build.prop .. please remove that line

i want to try cm10 and give you feedback, but failed in the recovery. in the recovery, cm9 can be installed properly, but cm10 failed, i don't know why?

Publius

Dec 10, 2011
CM9 works fine for me as you described. Tablet UI can be obtained by changing density to 120 by any market app. Thanks and keep up the good work

I'm going to test GPS today and give some feedback :)

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
Publius said:
CM9 works fine for me as you described. Tablet UI can be obtained by changing density to 120 by any market app. Thanks and keep up the good work

I'm going to test GPS today and give some feedback :)

GPS works normal..i use IGO navigation every day.

Just_me

Sep 9, 2012
Thank you all for working on this project. I installed CM9 and OS work very well. Bluetooth I didn't use in the official ROM so I do not need now but front camera is a useful thing. I understand that is mission impossible to bring that to this rom and thanks again for all your work.

I have a little problem from later. I was some time ago install some custom rom on s7 slim and I somehow install recovery mod 2.5.8 (or something like that) and since than when I turn on device I get boot picture for some site (www.geecksu.info or something) with Huawei picture on it. Is it possible to delete that and how?

Last edited:

PerGert

Aug 30, 2012
I have a little problem from later. I was some time ago install some custom rom on s7 slim and I somehow install recovery mod 2.5.8 (or something like that) and since than when I turn on device I get boot picture for some site (www.geecksu.info or something) with Huawei picture on it. Is it possible to delete that and how?
It's not a thread for that question but i've also got that problem.

You have to download latest "S7 Toolbox" from Geeksu or try to find it on forum (i can post it later when i get home from work). After download, unpack it, start and use option called "First boot logo mod" (I can't remember exact name ;) ) Proceed with info on screen and your tablet will be flashed with image you choose.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I test your new "CM10 untested" build and HW acceleration of UI now works ..tryed apex launcher and now is smoth..other issues are the same

This is really smoth and fast ..like I have a new tablet

did u modified anything? it feels a bit slow 4 me.. (e.g. application openening/closing effects)

Just_me

Sep 9, 2012
One thing... When you try (on cm9) to insert shortcut in unlock slider (go to settings, lock screen and slider shortcuts) you add application or anything else but soon as you exit from setting it is like you never been there. That shortcut that I place not show on unlock slide. :-\

Edit
Omg I didn't see in top right corner option Save... :)

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
did u modified anything? it feels a bit slow 4 me.. (e.g. application openening/closing effects)

Well I wrote that use apex launcher..in developer options check force 2D gpy rendering ..also backround process limit I set to 3

But I don't now why when I set
Debug.composition.TYPE=gpu UI got so much slower so I have to set it to mdp ..that option work very good on CM9

I test your latest version and rotation works ..can you enable normal storage and mobile network.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Well I wrote that use apex launcher..in developer options check force 2D gpy rendering ..also backround process limit I set to 3

But I don't now why when I set
Debug.composition.TYPE=gpu UI got so much slower so I have to set it to mdp ..that option work very good on CM9

I test your latest version and rotation works ..can you enable normal storage and mobile network.

as i said the storage isnt problem, i just mounted into /data2 for prevent from messing up the system, rild: something in permission (cm10's ramdisk also crashes the rild on cm9...) but i dont have any idea yet

could u try this? just restored my system and popped out an idea from my head

fastboot boot cm10_boot_extsd_rild.img
or
fastboot flash boot cm10_boot_extsd_rild.img

ps.: gpu/c2d2 composition removed in cm10, there was c2d2 and mdp in cm9 and the default(gpu)

Last edited: