[ROM] CyanogenMod - Android 2.2

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I tried Adobe's site and it refused to download Flash 10.2, for both Opera and Dolphin. Adobe said it requires Android 2.2 and said my system and/or browser did not qualify. Adobe has a list of qualified devices. Coby is not listed. But Flash should work on Android 2.2. Also restored to a backup made before I deleted the stock browser (and 23 other stock apps). With stock browser same refusal.

Do you have another source for the apk? I did not see 10.1 on Adobe's site. I haven't installed Market so that's not available to me in 2.2 only 2.1. Maybe someone else has tried and will report. I did try freewarelovers which I fear may be a pirate site. Three downloads from there fail with
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I tried Adobe's site and it refused to download Flash 10.2, for both Opera and Dolphin. Adobe said it requires Android 2.2 and said my system and/or browser did not qualify. Adobe has a list of qualified devices. Coby is not listed. But Flash should work on Android 2.2. Also restored to a backup made before I deleted the stock browser (and 23 other stock apps). With stock browser same refusal.

Do you have another source for the apk? I did not see 10.1 on Adobe's site. I haven't installed Market so that's not available to me in 2.2 only 2.1. Maybe someone else has tried and will report. I did try freewarelovers which I fear may be a pirate site. Three downloads from there fail with
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]

I've downloaded from freeware lovers before but I did have to sideload to get anything installed. A quick virus scan showed no issues. If I tried going to the site from the Coby browser I received the same error as you

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
Do you have another source for the apk? I did not see 10.1 on Adobe's site.
Flash Player 10.2 is the latest version listed in the Android Market for qualified devices. If you have a qualified device that supports flash like a phone running 2.2, you can download and install the apk, and then backup the apk to the SD card using Astro. Astro has that ability. Then you can pull the apk off the phone's SD Card and do an adb install to the Coby once the file is on your computer.

I'm told though that the file may still not install as the installer may do some additional device checking during the install process.

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

Guys I will save you a lot of time and energy. Full flash 10.1 will not work on our arm processor reguardless of running 2.2 or not. I have posted the necessary files to achieve FlashLite on 2.1 on this forum but I am not sure if they will work on 2.2 or not...never tried. If you want to give it a shot the files can be found here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...shlite-version-9-not-10-coby-7015-tablet.html I am honestly not trying to bum you out but the processor just does not have what is needed to run full on flash. FlashLite does work pretty good on this tablet but without the OMX video support you really may not gain anything. I spent about a month on 2.2 for my X5 and it ran great but no video support since the OMX files are not exchangeable between 2.1 and 2.2. You can sure install the 10.1 apk, it is out there if you look hard enough but it will do nothing in any browser. The only browser that will give you any Flash content without either FlashLite or full Flash installed is Skyfire as far as I know. If you somehow get around the chip limitations and make it work I know a lot of guys over on Slatedroid who would kiss the ground you walk on.

Cheers

9volt321

Apr 29, 2011
@Ridgeland
Can you make a nandroid or recovery backup of your CyanogenMod with the graphics fix?
because i can't get the scripts to work or access system as read/write

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
9volt321,
I don't like posting things I didn't write. But I'll try to help you get the graphics fix.
Other edits like lcd_density will require system read/write so lets fix that first.
From Post #19 of
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...terminal-commands-like-reboot-recovery-2.html
I'll repeat the two commands:
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2
chmod 755 /system

I use gscript with [x]SuperUser rights, so a few clicks and this is done for me. If you have not installed gscript you can do these from the Android Terminal but you must be at the # sign super-user not the $ sign.
First are you using a MID7015 or MID7015a?
Can you open the terminal and get to
$
then
$ su
then get to
#
?
In the terminal you can run the command "mount" and see if system is ro (read-only) or rw (read-write).
It's a beautiful day here so I'll be outside this afternoon. I'll check back later.

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
Is there any chance we can get video to work that is the only thing i dont like about this rom

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Is there any chance we can get video to work that is the only thing i dont like about this rom

Helo,

In order to get video support in 2.2 you would need the OMX files, you can't use the ones from 2.1. Since there has yet to be a complete release by Telechips there still is no OMX support...sorry. A LOT of people have worked on this...

Cheers