-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
D2-711_BK

I have flashed the CWR from the RAR you posted earlier. I will try re-downloading the zip.

yeah that was for the 12 sn.
i had the flu and wasn't thinking straight b4 when i gave you those old links lol...
you have the 9...
here are the links 4 that
Rom
Recovery pack
if the buttons don't work in recovery plug in a usb keyboard with the otg adapter that was included

Last edited:

csader

Dec 26, 2012
i had the flu and wasn't thinking straight b4 when i gave you those old links lol...
you have the 9...
Rom
Recovery pack
if the buttons don't work in recovery plug in a usb keyboard with the otg adapter that was included

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, but I'm pretty sure I've tried both of these before...

csader

Dec 26, 2012
you have the 9...
Rom
Recovery pack

Yeah, this didn't work either. Still no touchscreen.

I also tried re-downloading mstech's Clockworkmod backup and restoring it, but that keeps failing with the "Error while restoring /system!" message.

Any other ideas?

dave5678

Dec 20, 2012
Hi again. Tablet has been overall great. Is there a way we can setup the rom to use part of the SD card for swap space and the rest to install apps. My old Google HTC G1 had that on a modified cyanogen 6. Worked like a charm for 3 years while I was in Germany. Thanks for all your hard work. My son said it was the best Christmas ever for the tablet!!!

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Hi again. Tablet has been overall great. Is there a way we can setup the rom to use part of the SD card for swap space and the rest to install apps. My old Google HTC G1 had that on a modified cyanogen 6. Worked like a charm for 3 years while I was in Germany. Thanks for all your hard work. My son said it was the best Christmas ever for the tablet!!!

thanks! im prob not going to do that but you can already move apps to sd with the app manager built into ics. ive tried sdcard swap file with cm9 and performance was really demented (on my droid 1) i think those mods worked on 1.6.-2.2 better. 4.0.4 does not like it

Dec 18, 2012
Did I install the roms correctly onto my 3 tablets? The reason I ask is because I noticed something strange. I formatted the 2gb sd card that I have and installed it into the tablet, the tab then mounted it. When I hooked up the usb cord to send files from my laptop to the tablet two windows on my laptop appeared. 1 was the tablet itself to view the folders in it and the other was the sd card. The sd card only had 3 folders on it. Kingsoftoffice,LOST.DIR, and documents. I put the d2rom zip file in the documents folder. Then I unplugged the usb and plugged it back in then ran the 3 files in order. When I was at the vampire recovery screen I decided to look and see if the rom zip file was showing instead all I seen was the following:
.adobedigitaleditions
.android_secure
.beintoo
.blackmart
.mmsycache
.vAd
Alarms
Android
Cut the Rope
DCIM
Digital Editions
Download
GolauncherEX
Kingsoftoffice
LOST.DIR
Movies
Music
Notifications
Pictures
Podcasts
Recordings
Ringtones
Scoreloop
Titaniumbackup
Tunein radio
Tunnybrowser
blackmart
burstlyimagecache
data
documents
dump
ebooks
msploadercache
openfeint
pulse
yume_android_sdk
lpcw.dat
lpmh2.dat

Those files are also located in file manager in the following location"
home(little house),mnt,sd(blue sd card picture)

Now that would leave me to believe that its on the sd card. But if I take the sd card out then those files are still in the same place in file manager. The actual removeable sd card is located in:
home(little house)mnt,extsd and when I click on extsd in filemanager I get Kingsoftoffice,LOST.DIR,documents.

From what info I gathered someone who wants to install the rom has to put it onto the sd card. Which for me I installed it in the documents folder, not the LOST.DIR or Kingsoftoffice. I then copied the rom.zip and installed it in the folder Download under "house,mnt,blue sd. So when I was in vampiresrecovery I could then find the rom file in the download folder.

I hope I made everything clear. I did delete the data in vampires recovery then deleted cache then installed the rom which was under "install zip from sd card" I clicked on that then "choose zip from sdcard" At the top of the screen it says, "Choose a zip to apply". then it says /sdcard/ then shows the following:
Alarms
Android
Cut the Rope
DCIM
Digital Editions
Download
GolauncherEX
Kingsoftoffice
LOST.DIR
Movies
Music
Notifications
Pictures
Podcasts
Recordings
Ringtones
Scoreloop
Titaniumbackup
Tunein radio
Tunnybrowser
blackmart
burstlyimagecache
data
documents
dump
ebooks
msploadercache
openfeint
pulse
yume_android_sdk
+++++Go Back+++++++
I goto download and there is the rom zip file and I click on it. Then it installs. After it installs I took the sd card out and went into filemanager. I then find old files that I had installed before the installing the rom, like golauncherex folder. All the files are there too but they dont work. I had thought that when I chose "wipe data/factory reset"and "wipe cache partition" that it would wipe all the data. Am I doing something wrong?

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
@mescalinedreamz do you have a different SD card to use that isn't a 2GB? I say this cause I had a stack of tablets and I did have issues with just the one tablet I used a 2GB card in. Could of been a bad card or size needs to be bigger (the 2BG still functions so scratching head why files wrote incorrectly). So I used a larger different SDcard formatted and transferred need rom then started from beginning re-flashed the custom recovery (even notice from that step it wasn't writing to correct area from 2GB card attempt), boot into recovery, formatted as myfishbear instructed "format everything except your sdcard. (this is under mounts and storage)", flashed ROM (might have to re-download if corrupt).

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2012
I did forget to mention that the rom does install and the old files like golauncherex are only located in filemanager. The homescreen changes to the new rom etc. So my question is if everything installed correctly? Should the sdcard contents be only Kingoffice,lost.dir,documents? Under vampires recovery then shouldnt those kingoffice,lost.dir,documents be viewed when I select "choose zip from sdcard"? Or does the backupscript.bat put all important files onto external sdcard. But if it did then it wouldnt delete the kingoffice,lost.dir,documents because thats where I am supposed to be dowloading the rom to. So what is going on exactly. I am doing everything correctly. Is it the 2gb sdcards fault?

I also forgot to mention this, When I goto settings and then to storage it shows two internal storage. one has 1.15gb and the other 1.22gb. The first has 331mb on apps and 750mb available, second shows 369mb apps, 33.30mb pictures and video, and 40.66mb available. Then it shows the external sd showing 186gb with 1.70gb available. I just tried to install a game through usb and the tablet said there wasnt enough memory. When I did try to install the game from my laptop to the tablet I got a error message while going into root explorer. I figured I could get more space to add another .apk by going to root explorer and installing the first apk and then deleting that .apk. I got the error message while trying to use root explorer while the usb was connected when I tried going to /sdcard/download where I put the .apk from the laptop. The error message on root explorer said "the sd card is not currently mounted" I had to unplug the usb cord and then a message near the clock said "sd is mounted" I am getting confused, The external sd only has 3 files on it, it says that in mount/external sd now why is there a mnt/sdcard with a bunch of files that I listed above? Is there an internal sdcard?

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
I did forget to mention that the rom does install and the old files like golauncherex are only located in filemanager. The homescreen changes to the new rom etc. So my question is if everything installed correctly? Should the sdcard contents be only Kingoffice,lost.dir,documents? Under vampires recovery then shouldnt those kingoffice,lost.dir,documents be viewed when I select "choose zip from sdcard"? Or does the backupscript.bat put all important files onto external sdcard. But if it did then it wouldnt delete the kingoffice,lost.dir,documents because thats where I am supposed to be dowloading the rom to. So what is going on exactly. I am doing everything correctly. Is it the 2gb sdcards fault?

I also forgot to mention this, When I goto settings and then to storage it shows two internal storage. one has 1.15gb and the other 1.22gb. The first has 331mb on apps and 750mb available, second shows 369mb apps, 33.30mb pictures and video, and 40.66mb available. Then it shows the external sd showing 186gb with 1.70gb available. I just tried to install a game through usb and the tablet said there wasnt enough memory. When I did try to install the game from my laptop to the tablet I got a error message while going into root explorer. I figured I could get more space to add another .apk by going to root explorer and installing the first apk and then deleting that .apk. I got the error message while trying to use root explorer while the usb was connected when I tried going to /sdcard/download where I put the .apk from the laptop. The error message on root explorer said "the sd card is not currently mounted" I had to unplug the usb cord and then a message near the clock said "sd is mounted" I am getting confused, The external sd only has 3 files on it, it says that in mount/external sd now why is there a mnt/sdcard with a bunch of files that I listed above? Is there an internal sdcard?

yep there is

draconic1

Jan 5, 2013
hi all having issues with my cam it works fine in cam apps but i found this cardio thing and was wanting to see how it works but when i run app it says "the camera is missing. application is closing." any idea how to fix this? I've already tried simply converting to system app n that doesn't work unfortunately I've never flashed anything before so i was hoping for an alternate method if that's possible.?

Dec 18, 2012
Ok, I think I figured things out. I bought a new 8gb sandisk sd card and installed the roms to it. They showed up under recovery. The first time I ever installed the rom all I chose in recovery was "wipe data factory reset" and the one below it "wipe cache". I was supposed to go into mounts and storage and choose "format system" then "format data" then "format cache". I dont know if there is a problem with this tablet because I installed the rom wrong the first time. The reason I say this is because in the settings\storage I now show two internal storage. One says total space 1.15gb with 57.98mb APPS, and 1.06gb available. The second internal storage says total space 1.22gb with 1.22gb available. Or is this how these tablets are? Also I am not confusing the second internal storage with external. If I install an an sd card it will show that as a third storage named "EXTSD"

When I use root explorere with the top just showing \ i have a sdcard showing in the list of folders so I can choose \sdcard and it shows a bunch of folder like android,dowload about maybe 20 folders. I can then gointo root explorer and goto \mnt\sdcard and it shows the same thing. Is that normal?

Last edited:

dave5678

Dec 20, 2012
Ok, I think I figured things out. I bought a new 8gb sandisk sd card and installed the roms to it. They showed up under recovery. The first time I ever installed the rom all I chose in recovery was "wipe data factory reset" and the one below it "wipe cache". I was supposed to go into mounts and storage and choose "format system" then "format data" then "format cache". I dont know if there is a problem with this tablet because I installed the rom wrong the first time. The reason I say this is because in the settings\storage I now show two internal storage. One says total space 1.15gb with 57.98mb APPS, and 1.06gb available. The second internal storage says total space 1.22gb with 1.22gb available. Or is this how these tablets are? Also I am not confusing the second internal storage with external. If I install an an sd card it will show that as a third storage named "EXTSD"

When I use root explorere with the top just showing \ i have a sdcard showing in the list of folders so I can choose \sdcard and it shows a bunch of folder like android,dowload about maybe 20 folders. I can then gointo root explorer and goto \mnt\sdcard and it shows the same thing. Is that normal?

Mine is doing that too. Trying to fix it but no luck yet.

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Mine is doing that too. Trying to fix it but no luck yet.
Did you figure out why this is like this? I have the D2-711 with the same problem as you guys here. I can't move apps to my 16gb ext sd card now? I have the same problem with the "/sd and /mnt/sd" being duplicated. Please help! I need more space:) Thanks