-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

thinksojoe

Feb 2, 2013
I think I bricked my tablet. All I got after running boot recovery is a little picture of an android. I can't do anything from that point. Plus now my PC won't recognize there's a device plugged in. Help!

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
I think I bricked my tablet. All I got after running boot recovery is a little picture of an android. I can't do anything from that point. Plus now my PC won't recognize there's a device plugged in. Help!

history and info can help a lot. Steps you have done, your operating system, did you make sure that drivers were properly recognized before recovery, how long did the backup script take to run (should of been 5 minutes on that step), serial numb version are you running. If you successfully installed the custom recovery you would have a different screen. What antivirus are you running? Some antivirus can delete files when unzipping thinking they are threat because it's an exploit. So check your quarantine and antivirus log history and make sure it didn't move a file during process.

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
That is true. I just bought 3 more for my kids and they are indeed A13 based. The rom and recovery still works, but a few cautions---

1. The 160 dpi mod will no longer work. In fact, it will cause bootloop.

2. My zip for adding video chat and facelock that was included in the op no longer work either. They will cause google Talk to fc immediately upon attempting to establish a video call. I will be working on a resolution for both issues today when I get home from car shopping. I may also just put together a completely new rom for the A13 based D2.

halfwaygone

Jan 24, 2013
Hello. I use resolution change / Density by 마루티안/신광수, to set the dpi on my D2 pad. I have it set at 140. The only problem I have is that when I change the the dpi the launcher starts crashing. I switched to Apex launcher and used Titainium Backup to freeze Launcher to stop getting the popups.
I'm still use'n myfishbear's rom for the 201212 model. Still no luck getting the camera to work. After much searching I've noticed that this is a common problem for ICS users. Both on phones and tablets. A new rom with working camera would be greatly appreciated.

rebel1699

Dec 13, 2012
The camera works correctly on the stock firmware that it came with. I am at this very moment switching drivers and other files in order to get it working. Taking one back to stock and merging with Myfishbears rom to get resolution.

halfwaygone

Jan 24, 2013
Cool beans, man. Keep us posted on the results.
I hate my backup of the original firmware got corrupted. My own fault though. I was using a 1gig microSD card that originally came in a Cricket ZTE Score Android phone, then I used it in my Blackberry Curve for awhile, then used it in my D2 pad till I got a larger card. Needless to say, it was pretty much wore out. I shouldn't have been using it for important stuff like flashing a tablet. Eh, live and learn.

drpcguy

Feb 17, 2013
hello could some one help i just try to update my rom and got this message E: signature verification failed installation aborted im need to android what this mean thanks

rampancy

Feb 21, 2013
Just found this thread as I was looking for more info on these tablets; has anyone had luck trying this ROM file out with D2 tablets with a D2013 serial number?

gmonkey

Apr 1, 2013
Is there any possibility that someone can re-up Myfishbear's files? I have this tablet but unfortunately his server no longer has them. I have 209 model

Last edited: