[ROM][DEV] Crystal Light 1.0 Jelly Bean

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Tradigy, I have a technical question. Is the kernel for the ROM based on the old batch 3 "3.0.8-g710665b-dirty Grady.wang@droid07-sz" or the new batch "3 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz."

The boot image should work on either... but it is on source eng.grady.wang

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Alpha 003
Download ROM
password dorkfiles.com however you should always read before downloading... just saying..

--> Recovery for MicroSD <--
Standard features of any crystal rom...
Mainly tweaked power conservation methods for longer tablet life.
Some more pre-loaded apps...
Get my light elf gapps pack and consider it experimental if you need it.

augure_king

Jan 6, 2013
thank you I really wait for this rom but somethings wrong my crystal batch 2 brick ,when I power on screen half black half white

pukidukie

Nov 20, 2012
Tablet doesn't boot here, too. Screen becomes like an old TV white/black framed. Can't enter Recovery. Had too install Stock 1119 Firmware with factory_update_param.aml. So, waiting for next release to try.

Last edited:

augure_king

Jan 6, 2013
for any body read this thread if you have batch 2 of crystal you have to wait for another version if you use this rom your tablet brick

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
thank you I really wait for this rom but somethings wrong my crystal batch 2 brick ,when I power on screen half black half white

Tablet doesn't boot here, too. Screen becomes like an old TV white/black framed. Can't enter Recovery. Had too install Stock 1119 Firmware with factory_update_param.aml. So, waiting for next release to try.

for any body read this thread if you have batch 2 of crystal you have to wait for another version if you use this rom your tablet brick

Greetings, its been clarified in the thread here..
The boot image should work on either... but it is on source eng.grady.wang

Theres a guide I seen somewhere to unbrick hmm lets see if i can mirror it for you.

augure_king

Jan 6, 2013
ok I unbrick my tablet (use method from another site) , when I can use this rom on batch 2 ?
thank you for hardwork

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
If you're going to post my work on Dork Files you should at least acknowledge where it came from and link back to the original thread, which is in the process of getting updated and completely re-written. The two rescue image files you linked to are already outdated and have been replaced with more reliable ones. I'll be posting macro photos soon, showing how and where to bridge the 5/6 pins on the flash memory to bring your tablet out of a completely dead state and get it recognized by the computer. Several people are also working on Batch 3 unbricking methods which will be added to the thread. I've successfully found a round-about method to unbrick a batch 3 but with no official firmware, it's not easy.

On another note, I don't see any compatibility zips for any of the 3 batches of Crystal's here. You're just going to keep bricking people's devices unless you are clear with users about which batch Crystal this ROM works for. I can confirm it doesn't work for the Batch 2 or Batch 3? Didn't you collect donations to buy a Crystal to test on? Just look at the serial number and post the build date along with original kernel and everyone here can tell which Crystal's can use this ROM and which can't.

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
fuser said:
I don't see any compatibility zips for any of the 3 batches of Crystal's here.

This is marked as an alpha, not a beta, not release candidate, not a public test, not a pre-release and certainly not a stable.

Patches will come as they are made public.

$Software_dev2.svg.png

Alpha

The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. The exception to this is when the alpha is available publicly (such as a pre-order bonus), in which developers normally push for stability so that their testers can test properly. External availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software. However, open source software, in particular, often have publicly available alpha versions, often distributed as the raw source code of the software. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

When this is a postive, or packed with compatiblity zips then people should flash, until then alpha should only be used by those with the intent of debugging software, there are over 210 online crystals that checked for updates via UpdateMe in the past 24hours so it certainly is working well for some, or those with the sense to read the props, or run the boot in a debugger as there are no notes to go on, only a fool would flash blindly.

You also have to consider release numbering is in the negative, 003 incomplete, 100 would be 1.00, please do not come to this forum, smash up things and except respect, respect dear sir is earned not given

As for a linkback how exactly are the combined efforts yours alone, you sir are not a god nor did you write any of those recovery items except for a guide, and the last time I checked the guide on dorkfiles differs.

Last edited:

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Seriously, that is your response? I'll respond to both the original post and the edited one. I'm not an idiot, I know what Alpha and Beta releases are but not everyone is going to know that. I'm not following this thread because I want to use this ROM, I'm following it because people keep sending me private messages asking me to help them unbrick their Crystal's after trying to flash these files.

No the guide is not mine alone. It is a compilation of the combined efforts of a lot of people but yes I did edit many of the config files, created the rescue images from existing files, figured out how to get the AML USB Software to work for a device other than the Ainol Fire, was the first to unbrick a batch 3 crystal and created the package for other people to do so. It was also the first and only complete instruction set for all methods of unbricking the Crystal and other Ainol tablets. AThe reason the guide on dork files isn't the same anymore is because it is a work in progress and I've been re-editing it all day. It was exactly the same when I looked at it earlier. For people that want up-to-date info, go to the real thread.

As a developer, whether you are just modding the stock firmware or compiling from source, it is common courtesy to provide at least the basic information of which device your ROM is supposed to be used for. Especially when you could brick people's devices and many of these user's do not speak English well and it would take you all of 60 seconds to provide that information. And guess where people come after bricking their devices? To my unbricking thread, which you plagiarized without credit or linking back to the original source.

So yeah, I have looked inside your ROM and I've yet to hear from a single person who this has worked for but have heard from dozens of people confirming that it doesn't work or that they bricked their tablets. So I guess if you are unwilling to put the warning out there I will. So for anyone who is interested, this is what I found:

1. The updater-script looks for "g06refe3" when the batch 1 Crystal is "g06ref" and the batch 2&3 Crystals are "g06refe2." The Aurora II is "g06refe3" so maybe Tradigy is trying to build off of that or he's compiling his own Kernel from source and it's just not working?

2. The build.prop doesn't have the lines:

#compatibility of two kind of sensors
bma250.sf.gsensorposition=2
mma8452.sf.gsensorposition=2

So even if it did boot on a Batch 2 or 3 Crystal, the g-senor would be broken.

3. There are g-sensor, camera and wifi hardware changes between the different Crystal batches which require different lib files, that's why other Crystal ROM's have compatibility patches. So unless you knew what batch this ROM was supposed to be for, it would be likely that some of your hardware would not work. The lib files in this ROM will not work for Batch 2 or 3 Crystal's but I'm unsure about Batch 1 Crystals.

4. The Batch 3 Crystal's with the 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz kernel require a different boot.img than the Batch 3 Crystals with the grady.wang kernel. If you try to flash this or any other ROM without the correct boot.img on these devices, you will hard brick your Crystal. So don't flash this or any other ROM without a working compatibility zip on one of these Crystals. Not only will you hard brick it, but you might have to open the case and bridge two pins on the flash memory chip to even get it recognized by the computer. If you've bricked your device with Tragidy's ROM and want to unbrick it then check out this thread.