[ROM] EPAD and APAD Generic v1.6, Build 1.8.2 & 1.9_88 Non-Rooted

hondacrx

Sep 18, 2010
Hi, I want to upgrade my Apad to build 1.9_88, could you please tell me how to flash it into my device?
Thanks a lot!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
download the zip or 7z
unzip the file
copy the script folder to your mircoSDHC card in the root of it.
Make sure that is in the unit
Connect AC power to the unit
Power it on and let it flash the ROM
Wait for it to finish
When it done it will tell you to remove the microSDHC card
Once you do that the unit will turn off
Remove the folder off the microSDHC called script
Insert the card back into the unit
Turn back on the unit
That's it

hondacrx

Sep 18, 2010
i got it! many thanks!!
however, after upgraded, the color on Apad screen become weird, like 8 bit or 16 bit color depth now, do i need to install a video driver for the it?
thanks again!

dj_in_k

Oct 13, 2010
i just tried this, but it doesn't work. it only reboot like normal. how can i force it to upgrade ?

btnottrue

Oct 14, 2010
I've install xFlytouch256.1.9.88.v4a and it still " SORRY Process System is not Responding"
and flytouch_1.9.1_fast_and_furious.zip are still same error

Now i've try [ROM] EPAD and APAD Generic v1.6, Build 1.8.2 & 1.9_88 Non-Rooted
it's can bootup to home but touchscreen doesn't work anymore
and sometime it's bootup to home and shutdown it self. T^T

Any One Help Me.

My tablet is very looklike Flytouch
Spec :
- iROBOT CPU Type VIA VT8505 ARM926 600 MHz
- LCD Size 7" TFT LCD Resolution 800x480 Touch Screen Full Size,High Sensitive Touch Operation
- SYSTEM MEMORY Spec 256 MB Memory

Pic : ¢Ò ★★ !!! â»ÃâÁªÑè¹¾ÔàÈÉ iRobot Android Tablet 4,300 ºÒ· ¤ÃºªØ´àÅ äÁèµéͧ«×éÍà¾ÔèÁ ★★

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
VIA VT8505 400MHz (450MHz to 533MHz max after Overclocking) You could use ROM for EKEN that supports your VIA VT8505.

stef

Oct 15, 2010
hello i would like to download a firmware for my epad :

Model Number:MID701

Memory Capacity:256MB

Processor Brand:VI

Processor Main Frequency:600Mhz

Brand Name:MID701

Processor Type:VIA WM 8505

CPU:CPU600MHz

i-->i accidentally downloaded a program for my epad that cause it to crash..so i re flashed my unit using the sd card with a firmware there for problems like this given to me by the person i bought my unit from...my epad version now is 1.7.4 its working fine but i noticed that there is no application market installed in my unit now...can you pls.help me on where can i download application market?and also wenever im using the application store in my epad the language and the applications thats popping out from the search are usually in chinese versions...but before i reflashed my unit its in english...how do i change this?ive tried changing the language settings but still doesnt change anything/..hope you cud help me with my concern..thanx

dj_in_k

Oct 13, 2010
download the zip or 7z
unzip the file
copy the script folder to your mircoSDHC card in the root of it.
Make sure that is in the unit
Connect AC power to the unit
Power it on and let it flash the ROM
Wait for it to finish
When it done it will tell you to remove the microSDHC card
Once you do that the unit will turn off
Remove the folder off the microSDHC called script
Insert the card back into the unit
Turn back on the unit
That's it

"Power it and let it flash the rom" ?? how can it do that ? When i power the unit, it boot normally ! is there anything to do ? please help me !

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Press the Market icon
Select what you want by pressing search icon
Type what you want

Make sure you have account created though like google gmail one.

TBone

Nov 19, 2010
I did what was suggested by tipster and it seemed to work perfectly. It shows vers 1.9 now when I start up....trouble is, whenever I press any app, or the app scroll screen, it just goes right back to my main screen....it won't actually go anywhere. Is there something I need to do? Thanks!

Last edited:

2010karcher

Nov 20, 2010
hi i need help :'( i recently purchused a 1,6 android (CPU VIA VT8505 ARM926)tablet and it worked for the first day till the battery ran out now i have put it on charge and the red light stayed on and now it wont tuen on it vibrateds and the green robot flasheds and seems to just fade away . i hope you can help its really upset me that it wont work when i paid alot of money . many thanks x