Tipstir's | ePad Extreme Performance Edition ROOTED ROM MOD 7e20108 | 11/11/10

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
This ROM only been tested on Flytouch / epad with 256MB RAM, Slot 30-pin on 7" 800x480. If you install it on another type of tablet different than what I had just described it will not work correctly! You'll have issues because hardware settings in the ROM don't match with your current hardware settings for sound, video, memory, cpu an etc.

molecular

Nov 20, 2010
tipstir

I hear what you say in the last post. Unfortunately I have a Superpad a.k.a. Flytouch2 10.1" with Firmware 2.1 update1, Kernel 2.6.32.9, Build deb-r2.1.1170, supposed to be ARM11 @ 1GHZ. Is this the best ROM I can get? Do you have one for this? Can you point me in the direction of one that works for this model? As you guess I have only has this for 3 days and am completely new to Android!!!
Thanks.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No can't use this ROM or non here because they're not for 1GHz CPU. They're made for ARM9 WM8505 CPU 300MHz.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes and if you have WMT hardware with WMT on there already you would need the ROM with the WMT2xxxx for it..

marckarasek

Oct 25, 2010
Tipstir.

Thanks for the ROM. I bought an apad off ebay to try out and this has made it very useful.
I put your extreme ROM on (7e). It looks like all my apps crash, but if I uninstall them and then reinstall from the APK from the zip file it is all good.
While I could uninstall then reinstall all of them, do you know of a shorter route?

Thanks
Marc

I unintsalled FLV so I could reinstall it and could not find it in the zip file for 7e... where is it?

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've Deluxe, Extreme and Extreme Plus push apps! The Extra and Tablet Zone version do not push any apps only loads the stock apps. So you can choose which one to load.

marckarasek

Oct 25, 2010
So if I get the Extra version it will have the preformance tweaks just not the extra apps? (I can install them separately).

Thanks for all your work.
Marc

dve

Nov 21, 2010
Dear Tipstir

I am currently in china, have bought an Ipad fake which seems to be flytouch. Inside I saw 8505 processor (i am an electronics engineer). When I boot I see WMT2.0.1 and when I look in the firmware description it says version 1.6 (I guess android is 1.6), it has 256 MB and kernel 2.6.29-0236-g4f8dbbb-dirty.

The pad is very slow. Then I encountered your selfmade rom and it looks as this one could approve the pad. But since I know little about flashing ROM's I'm somewhat afraid to ruin the pad forever.
-do you think I can use your rom?
-is there a way to save this rom that is now inside first?

Thank you very much in advance for helping me out.

dve

Nov 21, 2010
oh and I forgot to mention, the box mentions the screen being 800x600 and 8" size. Is it still a flytouch/epad then? For all the rest of the specs it seems to be.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I never tested it on 8" version, you would be the first. I would start off using this one ( Remember use at your own risk!)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rs-tablet-zone-rom-mod-wmt2xxx-11-7-10-a.html

If you know how to unzip files there is a script folder that goes on a microSDH card which needs to be formated to FAT32

1. turn off your tablet
2. take out the microsd card and make sure that is formated to FAT32
3. unzip the file to your microsd card root folder for script
4. insert the card into your table
5. turn on the tablet
6. wait for it to finish
7. it will prompt you to remove the microsd card do so
8. rename the script folder to xscript
9. insert the microcard back into the tablet
0. turn on the tablet

That's i..

dve

Nov 21, 2010
tnx for the help Tipstir! In the meantime i've read into the material, did know about the /scripts to flash a rom but not that I need to format FAT32 first. WIll do, tnx.

Is there no way I can backup the original rom first?
I've got a very odd type of android tablet it seems with its 8" sceen and 800x600 resolution. Judging from the hardware the closest thing is this flytouch device. I start off with your suggested ROM. I also found a ROM that might be the exact one inside my tablet. In case of emergency I contact the guy who sold me the thing here in China. Was here for work and the local people I know here can help me perhaps if things go bad.

So pray for me that I don't end up with a useless electronic brick :)