[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
after made private conversation with odienas this afternoon, finally we have froyo firmware ready to download.

This update has been confirmed to work with:
S7-103, Indonesian version with dual cameras internal/external sdcard
S7-104, US BestBuy/RadioShack version with dual cameras and internal/external sdcard

Partially working:
S7-101, Austria Mobilkom version - loses camera, GPS?
S7-103, New Zealand - loses GPS?
S7-105, Globe telecom Philippines
S7-105, Australian version with dual cameras and external sdcard (loses pinch-to-zoom?)

Warnings:
The installation of this update will result in loss of data. Please ensure that you have appropriate backups before you proceed.

Please confirm your model/variant! While it is possible to revert back, flashing the wrong firmware onto your device may have risks and will result in temporary or permanent loss in functionality.

You should try to perform a backup of the data of important applications using Titanium Backup (root) or another application. If you have Clockworkmod recovery installed, you may elect to perform a nandroid backup before proceeding. Note that the Clockworkmod recovery built for Android 2.1 does not work properly after this update is installed. You will need to first restore to a previous working Android 2.1 firmware before proceeding with the restore in that case.

Until Huawei officially releases the update for your region, it may result in the voiding of your software warranty. Flash at your own risk.

here is for you guys:

Download Link Android 2.2.2 for Huawei S7, S7v100R001C98B021:
Download Mirror at Megaupload
Download Mirror at MediaFire

MD5 checksum for updata.app : 74D031FD717D8BF68956EF3F044C8EEB

Others Huawei Official firmwares (2.2) can be found here : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...uawei-ideos-s7-official-firmware-2-2-2-a.html

Adobe Flash APK (not pre-installed, optional):
Adobe Flash Player APK

Update install process:

1. unrar the file, and copy the 'dload' folder to the root directory of a sufficiently large external SDcard formatted to FAT/FAT32 (readable by the S7)
SDcard contents should be like this :
+SDCard
-+dload
---+updata.app
---+unlmt.cfg
2. turn off the unit, and ensure that you are either plugged in with a battery inside the unit, or that you have enough charge left in your battery
3. turn on, and a progress bar will appear in the middle of the screen. Wait until "OK" is displayed on the screen.
4. turn off the unit by removing the battery and any powerplugs to the S7
5. repeat steps 2,3,4 again. otherwise it will hang at boot screen (instructed by Huawei)
6. Remove the SD card and start the device. If you wish the use the card for the device, remove the firmware files from the SD card before reinserting it.

If the update fails to install, check that your file was properly moved into the SDcard by comparing the MD5 checksum.

The overall process should take less than 15 minutes to complete.

Q & A for common problems

Q. Why upgrade fails? it will not flash new ROM, but boot the tablet normally to old ROM.
A. - If you have SD card formatted using android, format it again using Windows system
- If you have rename the "dload" folder using android, rename the "dload" folder using Windows system.

Root after update:
Use SuperOneClick with the default psneuter method. You will need to enable Android debugging mode on the device itself and install appropriate drivers for adb (Android debugging bridge).

The discussion for this is here, along with a mirror of SuperOneClick that has been confirmed to properly root the update

Credits:

i am just help odienas to make a reliable upload and made mirrors, so all credits and kudos goes to odienas for his great effort.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
after made private conversation with odienas this afternoon, finally we have froyo firmware ready to download.

here is for you guys:

Huawei Ideos S7 froyo

i am just help odienas to make a reliable upload and made mirrors, so all credits and kudos goes to odienas for his great effort.
THANK YOU TRI_ZET! downloading now to check out, can't do anything fun until i get home :( i can build a rom just no radio, i feel like we are going to have to flash the updata.app to upgrade to new baseband, re-root, and reflash clockwork mod before we can get this rom running custom.

so to speak, if you flash the updata.app, root, then flash clockwork, full wipe, flash my rom, everything should be working on my rom cuz the baseband update.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
THANK YOU TRI_ZET! downloading now to check out, can't do anything fun until i get home :( i can build a rom just no radio, i feel like we are going to have to flash the updata.app to upgrade to new baseband, re-root, and reflash clockwork mod before we can get this rom running custom.

so to speak, if you flash the updata.app, root, then flash clockwork, full wipe, flash my rom, everything should be working on my rom cuz the baseband update.

but recent CWM does not work with new partition. perhaps we can flash it using fastboot?

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011

here is for you guys:

Huawei Ideos S7 froyo

Mirror at Mediafire

Has anyone tried it yet? I'm so glad we are making progress!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Android Tablet Forum

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
it is original froyo from odienas that he got from Huawei, and i got MD5 checksum from also from odienas file.

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Mediafire is <<REMOVED>> and password is <<REMOVED>>
Megaupload is <<REMOVED>> password is <<REMOVED>>

(I still have the accounts, if you want to use them for legit purposes PM Me

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Evgeni

Jan 23, 2011
So you mean that it should install like every other rom? Just copying the dload folder on an SD card?

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
already downloaded, extracted fine, gotta download a couple things for my linux vm to see if everything is ok.

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Haha this is awesom I'm at 35%.. lol I'm sitting in math class doing this

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
So you mean that it should install like every other rom? Just copying the dload folder on an SD card?

yes, just copy dload folder to sd card. just a note: indonesian S7 model is S7-103 front/rear camera, internal/external sd card.

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Btw those accounts are premium feel free to use them this download

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
@tri_zet unfortunately the day of all days i didn't bring my tablet to work with me, gotta wait til i get home to flash. if anybody does it successfully please let me know before i go and flash it!

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Its almost done downloading tell me stepby step joenlieen and I will do it