[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
i forgot to change the permissions of su in the update script. connect via adb and run the following in a shell:
Code:
chown root.shell /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
exit

sorry 'bout that.
/me goes back to trying to get 1.0b to boot.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
it's the name. i'm trying to find this stuff and fix it. Right now it gets stuck at the Coby logo for me with the last .zip I made. (these errors are why i relabeled the title "beta").

use a file manager to install jackpal.androidterm.apk (it's in /system/app)

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Terminal Emulator didn't work, after this Rom.

Do you mean it didn't open for you or typeing "su" didn't give you # ... This happen to me but i just used Z4root and got it back...
Also I if you read my post from before i went back to my backup but some of this update seems to have stood on the tab...

l_n this is cool for me... I'm able to test this and have yet to brick it lol... Thanks again for working on it....

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Okay. I think I'm going to blame Xaueious for this one. I added his suggestions and now it won't boot. :(
*places all of the blame on xaueious*

masimo

Feb 14, 2011
sorry for this question, is there any way to return back to the original rom.
I've tried both reboot recovery. "Wipe data/factory reset.", and setting Factory 'data reset".
thanks

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
you'll need to either restore a backup, or manually format data and system in clockworkmod recovery and then install the official update.

masimo

Feb 14, 2011
hey l_n
I've formated data and system in clockworkmod recovery then I have tried to install the official update, but the installation aborted.
I am afraid that I just bricked my device.....any idea!!

masimo

Feb 14, 2011
wow my device back to life, I tried 3 different version of update one of them worked, thanks God

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
L_n, you left out a big huge honking step out of the instructions.
2a. Go to "Backup and Restore" Select Backup.
I would say "NO NANDROID NO FLASH...PERIOD."

This is great effort by the way.

Bill

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
No, it's not. But, it should be relatively trivial to write a shell script to automate the clockworkmod install..