[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Can you tell me why this watery kyros locked up my coby kyros 7015 2.1???

What di you do exactly? watery doesn't brick your tablet... as far as people have posted here it never has ... It has locked up and frozen peoples tablets depending on what version your running... but please explain from point A, how did you root it and the steps you took to get to where you are now... If you have clockworks you should be able to get into recovery with the power and silver bottons pushed in and hold them in till you do... then just load your backup.. You did backup your system?

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
hi my problem whit gallery continue , i have a solution a app from market quick pick.... its a good solution .-
and music whit astro player.-

sorry for my bad english i am from Chile

I also use quickpic since day one on Watery and it's working great

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
What I did was first I installed clockwork. Then I read about watery. I thought cool. This is a learning tablet, so if it's fried, no biggie! I'm not bad mouthing watery kyros in any way. I blame this on user error 100%. After I downloaded WK onto my sdcard, I went through cwm recovery,(and no system not backed up until after watery kyros :) ) and I installed wk. I did the instructions about the jit thingy. Now what is going on is that the kyros is working then freezes up. Now I have no internet even though it tells me I'm connected. May be something else I've done wrong. But hopefull you can tell me how to get this thing back to factory so that I can try all this over again and get it right. Think this is possible?

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Sounds as if you have Watery v1. 2b. You have a couple of easy options:
1. Boot to Recovery. Delete cache & clear/restore to factory. Doesn't hurt to clear Davik cache too, under advanced. Reboot. If you have a default op system it will boot to that.
2. If that fails, d/l v1. 2a on your PC. Copy the resultant zip to your sdcard (sticking the sdcard into the PC) you may want to rename it so you know what it is. Then put the sdcard back into your Kyros, do #1 again, but this time select "install zip from sdcard" after clearing & select that zip.

Goodluck. Hope this works.

Sent from my Kyros 7015 using the Android Tablet Forum App powered by Tapatalk.

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
OK. Now that i have a little more time to write this out for you, let me tell you what it is that I did to my tablet.I started off using this site to get the coby update from cobyusa.com. I then saw a video on youtube about clockworkmod recovery, andexplorer, file manager, and z4root. I started with the update. Then I rooted it, got the app "linda file manager", and the app"andexplorer. Then I finally got the terminal emulater to get clockwork. The tablet had the full android market, google apps and the whole nine yards. ran great. Then I saw this watery Kyros and thougjht what the hell. I downloaded it to my tablet and like sit says, it froze. I went back to recovery and went back over the steps and it froze again. It will do fine for a few minutes, then it will just freeze. Now I am tring to get on the market, and it will not do the internet even though I have a connection. Also it will tell me that my sdcard is empty even though my computer shows all the files on it. How did that happen? Have I trashed it? If so, what would you recomend I get next. I want a good tablet with at least the android 2.2 system. 2.1 will not do netflix :). I learn this fast, and Inow how to get it to clockwork. I just hope I can get it back to "out of the box" condition. Thanks

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Recovery is not on the sdcard. Restart holding the power button and the round silver "back" button at the same time.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
load your backup, the cards not empty, you should be able to access it from the file manager. things like gallery just don't work right on those.

if you didn't make a backup, grab the honeycomb version, at least that works, other than a few annoyances its usable.

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
I have tried all this. Every time this thing freezes, I have to reboot the tablet. This causes all my apps to go by by and I lose everything. I have to start from scratch. I can get into recovery and clear the cache. Still locks up. Getting ready to use it as a dart board here!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I have tried all this. Every time this thing freezes, I have to reboot the tablet. This causes all my apps to go by by and I lose everything. I have to start from scratch. I can get into recovery and clear the cache. Still locks up. Getting ready to use it as a dart board here!

Ok from what i read you didn't do a back up after installing Clockworkmod... I know from the directions of rooting thats the first thing it tells you to do when you install it... Anyway...
When you boot into recovery , your saying that if you go to install zip and try to install it says that you don't have any SDcard or that it is empty? If you can go into the install zip file and see the files listed then your sd is not empty... What i would suggest then is to wipe factory reset 3 times . Clear portition 3 times and wipe davik 3 times then try to install the update zip from the coby update you installed... If this works for you then you will be back to stock and need to just reroot... Watery 1.1 for me is the best rom for my tablet... After you root PLEASE do a backup before anything else ... this way you will have something to go back to....

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
I do not think your sdcard is empty either, however you can put it into your PC card reader to check. If it is actually empty, reformat (Fat32), copy update.zip (or the new name, if you renamed) to the root, put it back into the tablet & boot to recovery. Clear & install per the previous directions.
Goodluck!

4Steven

Mar 26, 2011
I don't have this problem. Might be something else, like another app causing the problem.

Also you can't remove voice and dialing, I tried just rename it and it kept freezing on me, keyboard stopped working, so leave it there

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Well no apps loaded after the first time I started fresh and didn't load any apps, currently running 1.2a. I downloaded an app that keeps the wifi awake when the screen is off. This seems to have helped for now.

Wifi reception is pretty poor though, tempted to open it up and see where the antenna is.

Steven

ByerRA

Mar 31, 2011
Love that there is an alternative ROM. But I'm having problems...

Initially I rooted, flashed Clockworkmod recovery, did a backup and flashed the CyanogenMod Froyo onto it, worked OK for what I wanted.

I then saw the Watery rom and decided to give it a try.

Downloaded the rom, put on SD card, factory wiped, cleared cache, cleared Dalvik cache, installed rom from SD card.

Rebooted and when it comes up, I get the boot animation and then I get a box that says "Complete Action Using" and then two options "com.android.provision.DefaultActivity" and "Setup Wizard" neither of which I can select and the tablet is locked up.

Rest into recovery, wiped the cache, wiped the Dalvik cache, rebooted and got the same thing.

Flashed my original rooted stock back on, and the tablet works fine. So from the rooted stock ROM I tried again, same thing. Thinking maybe my download of the rom was bad I downloaded it again and installed. Same thing happened.

I'm experienced with installing roms so I'm at a loss as to what the problem is and my only thought is that there's something wrong with either my tablet or the rom file.

Any help would be appreciated.

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
Rebooted and when it comes up, I get the boot animation and then I get a box that says "Complete Action Using" and then two options "com.android.provision.DefaultActivity" and "Setup Wizard" neither of which I can select and the tablet is locked up.
It did that for me when I loaded 1.1a. The way I got around it was to wait a bit because it's still doing stuff in the background, then selected setup wizard, and then cancel out of that. That put me on the home screen.

But I hated the default wallpaper and there weren't any other wallpapers to choose from. But what really killed the experience was every time I launched the browser the browser app would crash. At that point I rebooted in recovery and restored back. I'm tempted to try the 1.2b because it has the JIT enabled. But if the browser is funky it's just not going to work for me.