Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

LjStang

Feb 23, 2013
First Droid, root attempt with 7048 ... getting signature failed error; I've had no luck "googling it" ... any direction would be greatly appreciated!

LjStang

Feb 23, 2013
Receive the following trying to root 7048 ..

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Any suggestions?

Feb 13, 2013
Do not post problems in this thread that has nothing to due with my root and gapps!!! It is very rude to do so, This thread is only about my root and gapps process.

I put together an easy root and gapps zip for these tablets. tested and confirmed working on 8048, tested confirmed by myself. As always you assume all risks with flashing anything.

This will be flashed via stock recovery

These tablets do indeed have fastboot, just like all other telechips tablets.

ok to root and install gapps, which is playstore.

download root_gapps_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete

reboot system now

To unroot

download unroot_telechips_signed.zip

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings >Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything

after reset complete, tablet will reboot itself

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete, tablet will reboot itself

you will now be unrooted with no gapps,

Your tablet is now factory, IE stock, provided you made no other changes to your tablet beyond this thread.

thanks for your work sir... pardon me for my ignorance for i am a newbie here.. i have a coby mid 8048-4 & i got 2 questions for clarification before i go ahead with the process..

1. should i rename the root gapps signed.zip to just UPDATE or UPDATE.ZIP?
2. if i place the file on my 8gb sd card which i inserted on the sd card slot of my tablet should i choose "from external storage" when i update the system?

hoping to get clarification soon.... thanks again and more power!

luke_m1948

Feb 7, 2013
I just changed link to point to dev-host.
if someone is able to get the link working, would u please take a moment to look over the few posts I made regarding my MID7048 and help me out? I will donate as soon as someone cann help and will donate more once I have more money....that's how badly I want to root this thing....I can't get Mozilla Firefox or many other awesome apps without Google play

Last edited:

flux27

Mar 5, 2013
Hello,
Has anyone found a fix for the issue with verifying signature, i see it posted a few times on here but i havent been able to find a post with a solution. Any assistance would be much appriciated!

flux27

Mar 5, 2013
Are you placing the zip on internal sdcard? What is the md5sum?

Thank you for the reply,
I have tried it on the internal sdcard and on an external sdcard. Everytime I get the same result (below). I forgot to mention this is on a 7048. Also I apologize, I do not know what md5sum is or how to find it.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: signature length doesn't match EOCD marker
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Thank you for your assistance.

OoSRHo0

Dec 19, 2012
im stuck at coby loading screen, but they might have happened with the memory swap thing. any suggestions on that?

drainbamaged1

Mar 18, 2013
Hi

And a massive thank you from me as well.

I have just rooted my 8925 and it couldn't possibly be any easier. Renamed and copied update.zip to a microsdhc card, about/update/etc and voila!
E953CDD8-F20A-44B2-A273-FA19412E5EC5-607-00000064D452215B.jpg

Hello, i have the tcc8925 tv dongle with no sdcard slot. I've install to a external usb stick using a hub but seems to be the wrong spot for the update.zip. im not sure how to transfer the file to the right place...any suggestions