Rumor: Huawei S7 to be repositioned with a network provider in the US?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm currently in the UK and having bought my S7 at Bestbuy Augusta and then hearing about the price match refund, I wondered if I could get the same from long distance.
I called my fiance and told her the situation, said where my receipt was and asked her to go into BB. She did that yesterday and the clerk processed the refund without problem and returned the $53 in cash.
One very interesting thing is that my fiance asked why they were doing this and she got the answer that they were repositioning the tablet with a network provider to be contract only! That could be something attached to Huawei's position and be a result of their marketing to the networks. Yikes!
This would likely mean that the unlocked SIM free version will be priced higher to push the contract version which would be network discounted and come with a data plan. But it is almost certain to be a 2.2 version and I'd put my money on the announced march update coinciding with the network contract release of may be the capacitive version.
All in all I think we have a out and out bargain and at $250 it's put a big smile on my face. The S7 costs $390 here in the UK!
Many thanks to all who brought the refund to the attention of the forum.
I wonder at the thoughts of those who returned their items?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Well it might be a good thing, especially from a development standpoint (more users). But it might jack the prices up...

Thoughts?

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I think that the original Bestbuy release was a 'toe in the water'. May be the overall response to the S7 was better than anticipated and in order to commercially lever the product they see linking with a network as a money maker. This could result in a comprehensive data package that could be made available to all. We could be about to get everything we need in this product!

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I think that the original Bestbuy release was a 'toe in the water'. May be the overall response to the S7 was better than anticipated and in order to commercially lever the product they see linking with a network as a money maker. This could result in a comprehensive data package that could be made available to all. We could be about to get everything we need in this product!

Of course, with a successful product release they work on how they can screw with the consumer in the long run while making their profit rather than getting out accessories to support the existing customer base. If true, this really sux unless compatible accessories like a dock come with the deal.