SD card not recognized by my Gentouch "SD Card Removed" showing in the notification

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Do you guys having hard time for the SD card to be recognized by the GT , my GT does not recognizes the SD card, and it is always showing the "Removed SD Card" at the left most part of the notification bar , and ES File Manager show it empty

Also I feel the SD card is always loose in the slot even after I hear the click which means it should be locked

I went and bought another GT tablet this morning and tried 2 different SD cards and same issue happen

Do you guys had this same thing even after installing the SD card & USB update ?? please help !!!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Do you guys having hard time for the SD card to be recognized by the GT , my GT does not recognizes the SD card, and it is always showing the "Removed SD Card" at the left most part of the notification bar , and ES File Manager show it empty

Also I feel the SD card is always loose in the slot even after I hear the click which means it should be locked

I went and bought another GT tablet this morning and tried 2 different SD cards and same issue happen

Do you guys had this same thing even after installing the SD card & USB update ?? please help !!!

Which microSDHC are you trying to use? Which brand? Do you have SD adapter for the microSDHC? I would
test that in another system to see if it can be read or else it could be bad. There are tools to fix these cards.

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Which microSDHC are you trying to use? Which brand? Do you have SD adapter for the microSDHC? I would
test that in another system to see if it can be read or else it could be bad. There are tools to fix these cards.

I tried Sandisk and PNY , and both are not working, while they are OK on my Win-XP PC using the SD adapter

The issue also, that the SD card is always loose in the GT SD slot , it does not lock inside the slot even with hearing the click

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Then you got a defective slot then. Is your 90 days up yet? I would take back and see if you can find another one. Since you already contacted AuGen and have a ticket right still the best would be take the unit back to Kmart. I know I have to use a pocket knife with a tip to pull out the microSDHC the use micro needle nose pliers to pull it out. Putting it back in not joy either.

1 year warranty from AuGen
90 days with Kmart policy for return/exchange/refund

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Then you got a defective slot then. Is your 90 days up yet? I would take back and see if you can find another one. Since you already contacted AuGen and have a ticket right still the best would be take the unit back to Kmart. I know I have to use a pocket knife with a tip to pull out the microSDHC the use micro needle nose pliers to pull it out. Putting it back in not joy either.

1 year warranty from AuGen
90 days with Kmart policy for return/exchange/refund

Thanks for the advice, Do you get a notification message from GT when you insert your SD card , bec. I do have the message of "SD Card Removed" showing all the time in the notification area ??

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Well no, but now I do I've enabled the feature with sound effect. Flytouch has that enabled by default. You know I best disable that feature in both GT78 as well in the Flytouch it's annoying to see and listen.
In Settings, Sound & Display SD Card notifications un-check it that will stop the notifications if you don't want them for the microSDHC to appear.

Last edited:

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
I have to admit (Dumm ...!!! :confused:) , it was all my fault, turns out that I was trying to insert the micro SD card up side down (W/metallic parts facing down) which turns to be wrong, and it should be inserted w/metallic parts facing up (see image)

Thanks to this link "augengentouch78.webs.com"

Finally I can enjoy my new Toy now with all the mods and the updates

Attachments

• $IMG_0978 (Small).JPG
    $IMG_0978 (Small).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 552

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010
There is a small picture on the back of the device that shows you how to insert the mini sd card with the notch towards the bottom of the unit. It is hard to see without good light. I use the stylus to insert the card all the way once I place it in the slot. I also use the stlus to eject the card after I un-mount it. You can use the stylus as a lever against the side of the GT and catch the raised side of the card to remove all the way.