Simply AMAZED!!!

malachi1313

Jan 1, 2011
Bought a Nook from BB tonight and within 15 min of owning it I had it rooted. Coming from an irobot running 1.5 , this thing is BEAUTIFUL. Cant believe how simple it was to root and how BEAUTIFUL the screen is on the nook. This thing is a steal for what you get. Really happy with my purchase and am also happy folks have streamlined the rooting process. I read it over before the purchase and if it didnt look so simple I never would have bought the NOOK. Great job to whoever came up with autonooter. Having fun playing Angry birds and watching vids with Rockplayer. B and N are gonna sell a ton of these...:)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
That's good glad you like your device

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I used to hang out at the generic tab subforums...sorry for sounding like a pretentious snob, but now when somebody posts "Does this unheard-of 7-inch tab with these questionable specs sound like a good buy?" I think "COME ON! Just get a Nook Color and enjoy life!!!" I feel like we have a nice secret going here. :)

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@OP

Congrats! Cool story; good to see another happy rooted NC owner. Now load it up with lots apps and be amazed some more.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Did you see the post about the guy who needs more room for apps???? That's definitely a question for the moderator. ;)

-Matt

Dizmatic

Dec 17, 2010
I love my NC. It is a great device. To think I was debating about getting it at one point. The ability to root and run apps sold me completely.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
That NC does look quite awesome. I was checking one out at Walmart a few days ago... very tempting!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I owned the Pandigital Novel for about 2 months (hopefully none of the other PDN owners on AT will see this comment!). Talk about day and night--even though the PDN was about half the price, for $250 the NC is a joy...everything works! The PDN was such a struggle from Day 1. The NC actually seems happy rooted. :) I cannot wait to see what 2.2 feels like.

-Matt

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
I owned the Pandigital Novel for about 2 months (hopefully none of the other PDN owners on AT will see this comment!). Talk about day and night--even though the PDN was about half the price, for $250 the NC is a joy...everything works! The PDN was such a struggle from Day 1. The NC actually seems happy rooted. :) I cannot wait to see what 2.2 feels like.

-Matt
I too am a PDN ex. My introduction to Android & I had a lot of fun with it. I was fairly tolerant of the deficiencies, but that changed as the quirks began to interfere with the usability of the device. The persistent waking-from-sleep issue put a damper on the fun. The PDN didn't seem to be happy with the rooting as it was at the time, though it may have improved. That said, I did see a recent posting on SD titled, still looking for a true sleep mode, so I am glad that I moved on. I have a totally different feeling about my NC. Seems like it was made to be a tablet & does what I want. Oh yeah, forgot about the video issues with the PDN. That was a big disappointment.
Cheers,
kev

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
Do you get the real internet on NC or a text version? Also does it have a camera to video chat? What does it cost? For $200 I got this a much much more (3D gaming etc that's why folks buy clones.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Do you get the real internet on NC or a text version? Also does it have a camera to video chat? What does it cost? For $200 I got this a much much more (3D gaming etc that's why folks buy clones.

The internet is real as can be: you can install multiple browsers if you can't just pick one, choose moble website views or normal.
The NC does not have a camera, see full specs thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/3483-nook-color-full-specifications.html#post19758
The NC can't $249 and you may have as you say "this and much much more", but you don't have this amazing, beautiful, 1024 x 600 LG IPS screen with the best viewing angles I've seen on a portable device.

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010

Oh Noes! DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! ;)

Having said that, the clones are jacks of all trades, but masters of none. Yeah they have a camera, but they're usually 0.3 megapixel and they suck. As far as internet goes, soon the NOOKcolor will have full flash 10.1 support with Android 2.2. So it really depends on what you need in the tablet. I looked at clones for about 3 months before I decided on the NC and I've never looked back.

And not only does the screen look beautiful, but its a joy to touch. Rather than jamming your fingernail into the screen, as with most resistive clone screens, you simply glide your finger tip over the NC screen. It feels of smooth capacitive goodness and quality. :)

And if there's ever a problem with your NC, just drive to your nearest B&N - no shipping back to China and waiting a month for a replacement.

Last edited: