Steps to Get WiFi Connected If Having Problems

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi I have an irulu tablet. I have tried all of the steps here and still can not connect to my wifi. Can anyone help me plzz?
Was one of the things you tried connecting to a public hotspot? If so your best bet is a factory reset and if that doesn't work your tablet make be faulty.

fefo.gautier

Oct 18, 2014
Hello to everyone. I have v975m Onda tablet V1 32gb with Stane1983 ROM installed.
All Apps and general function is great, improving behavior on this device.
But, having an internet connection of 200mb I only recieve 12mb of download speed vs 25mb upload speed.
Trough many forums a lot of people give me several explanations for this like problems with soc amlogic drivers, card problems, etc.
Down is an imagen of a speedtest so you can see what I mean.
Thanks to any possible solutions for this...it's turning me nuts!!!!!!
99023bad5df8cc5ddcbc10880b99e66b.jpg

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Never saw anything like that before. Do you get similar results connected to any other WiFi?

fefo.gautier

Oct 18, 2014
Never saw anything like that before. Do you get similar results connected to any other WiFi?
Thank you leeshor. In several devices I get almost the same upload and download speed around 25-37mb, wich is an acceptable speed. It's only on this device that I get this.
In many forums including ondaforum some says that it's a soc problem of drivers from amlogic...but I'm not sure in my short knowledge.
Hope anyone could help me.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You didn't answer my question.

What you are suggesting may be true but you need to eliminate other variables,

fefo.gautier

Oct 18, 2014
You didn't answer my question.

What you are suggesting may be true but you need to eliminate other variables,
If I'm posting this is because I eliminate other variables...Nontheless, I don't have any other WiFi of 200mb around...but in fact I tested with others and the result was similar. In any case, I did one test with a 10mb router tonight and the download speed was 8.7mb and the upload was 1mb. Are you suggesting that is a problem of the 200mb router? This question was one of the first that I checked. The assistance of the internet provider told me that all parameters were fine.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't have a good answer for you. It may be that router, hard to say.

Sannon

Nov 23, 2014
Why is my tablet VL DL does not want to connect says it has no data connection but yet my wifi seems to be working

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Why is my tablet VL DL does not want to connect says it has no data connection but yet my wifi seems to be working
Welcome to the forum

Have you read the tutorial? Just because you are connected, (to the router), does not mean you are connected to the Internet. There may be any of several issues going on.

Sannon

Nov 23, 2014
Welcome to the forum

Have you read the tutorial? Just because you are connected, (to the router), does not mean you are connected to the Internet. There may be any of several issues going on.
I disconnected router by unplugging the cord the back of it and plugging back in still don't get connected

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are more things to consider than just powering it down and back up. You may need to test it at another location to see if you have a hardware problem or not. Another step you could take would be a factory rest of the router to test whether it's a setting or not that has you gummed up. Possibly try a fix IP and fixed DNS settings on the connection in your tablet.

AndroidBenjie

Oct 27, 2012
Also having this problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. It wont connect to normal routers but if 4G or 5G connection it will.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you have read the tutorial on getting WiFi connected have you tried connecting at a public hotspot?

salfordjc

Jan 11, 2011
What to do if you can't get connected to WIFI

There are several things you can do if you can't get connected to your WiFi hotpot or router.

1). Some channels work better than others. 1 and 6 are popular and work well for many people. If you can get connected at all, download WiFi Analyzer This app will give you an idea what channels may be available or over lapping with a nearby router.

2). Restart your router. This sounds simple but has been the solution for many people. Routers frequently accumulate garbage in the system that can be dumped by removing the power cord for at least 30 seconds then plugging it back in. After the router has made a connection, restart your tablet. You also should check to see if there is a firmware update for the router. That could make all the difference. In a few cases some people just replaced an really old router and ended up really happy they did.

3). As is the case with some other devices, Android tablets don't do a great job of telling you there is an error when inputting your password or passphrase. If your tablet says it is trying to connect for more than 10-15 seconds you may have mistyped the required information. It;s also possible it may just say "saved" and do nothing. Long press the connection and tell it to forget your credentials and try again. If your tablet at some point says saved but you are obviously not connected, you may have a poor signal from the router or you are too far away, or there is other interference or it can also happen at times if can't authenticate with the router correctly.

4). I have found that the most Android tablets don't work well or at all with WEP encryption on some routers, though some do work, so your may want to try useing WPA/WPA2 or equivalent. This is better security than WEP anyway. If you still can't connect but see a strong signal try no encryption long enough to determine that it is possible to connect and adjust accordingly.

5). In order to narrow the problem down, if all else is failing, try connecting to a public hotspot or a friend's router.

6) If 1-5 don't help, try a cold boot/start if your tablet has that function. At least turn it completely off and back on.

There are some things you can do to improve your WiFi. Cordless phones typically operate at 2.4 GHz, so do most of the tablets. Keep cordless phones as far away as possible from your WiFi router. Same applies to a microwave oven.

There are repeaters available. The best ones would be the same brand as the router but others work. ASUS has a portable router that can act as a repeater/extender for just about any router, model WL-330N3G. This mobile wireless router will also work with select 3G dongles.