Suggested Apps?

Atown

Dec 8, 2010
So ive had this thing since thanksgiving, upgraded firmware and still kinda disappointed with it as a whole but not willing to give up on it.

Twitter - Ive tried .APK and external software installers but I have yet to get Tweetdeck to work, but then also any twitter app I have actually installed via apk and/or the SAM, doesnt allow me to login and fails authentication every time. App Suggestions?

FB - the primary app is pretty lame, which is why I was hoping to grab tweetdeck or similar app but no go on most of that stuff. App Suggestions?

FTP - I like dropbox a lot but because of the limited storage, is there a suggested FTP client app?

VNC - Is there a suggested VNC app or even a mac specific controlling app that works pretty well?

Calendar - Is this a calendar app that can view and be consistently updated by a M$ exchange account and a gcal?

I know I could spend the next few days testing and download about 30 apps minimum to find the one i like for each of these but I figure someone must already have a similar setup or have suggestions :)

Thanks for the time and effort for helping me.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
do you have market working on yours?

I downloaded androidVNC from the market and am quite happy with it so far.

as far as the rest go i can't offer any suggestions

Atown

Dec 8, 2010
do you have market working on yours?

I downloaded androidVNC from the market and am quite happy with it so far.

as far as the rest go i can't offer any suggestions

No.

I know the freewarelovers website for android is really good but the model I have came with the SAM and that doesnt work very well and I dont have access to the android marketplace. I do have the device rooted but I havent been able to conjure up the guides a 2nd time to figure out how to get the adb (i can use the search feature but I feel like ive never gotten the same results 2x and would feel stupid for asking for them and then being directed to google and or the search feature on the forum) and other stuff working to grab the real marketplace.