Sylvania Android 2.1 Tablet

Jul 11, 2010
Does anyone know anything about the Sylvania Android 2.1 Tablet that is going to be at Toys R' Us Friday for $140? All I can find is that it has 512MB RAM and 2GB of memory, I mainly want to know if its processor is crap or not.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The processor isn't crap. However the Android implementation is questionable. You have to decide if this headache is worth it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Things that are supposed to work aren't working. I don't have one myself and haven't looked into the details yet. Firmware updates will improve it, but right now it's a piece of work.

USB, button build quality are enough to make me stay away.

This is too new of a product to get. Maybe somewhere down the line it will be alright.

STi

Sep 2, 2010
The screen and Ui is better than the view sonic everyone is buying...The battery life is short..not sure if it's software issue or not...I say for $139 why not! Button placement or whatever the button issue is not not a deal breaker.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Check out the Coby Kyros before you get this. The M7005 (aka HSG X5A) has a larger community right now. Both are built better and have features that are pretty important.

This Sylvania is a mess right now shipping with beta firmware.

Jul 11, 2010
Is there anything else that is priced similarly to the Sylvania? The list you made says the Coby is $140, but I can only find it for $190.