Sylvania SYNET7LP Work-In-Progress

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Wouldn't the tips for Zenithink apply for this tablet in some regard as well? I thought that has the same ARM platform.

gottahavit

Nov 13, 2010
Wouldn't the tips for Zenithink apply for this tablet in some regard as well? I thought that has the same ARM platform.
I have been starting to look through them, that is where I found the root app. Not sure if the rom stuff applies or not yet.

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Just got Market working ;-)

Gottahavit,

I've been anxiously checking this tab for updates. Got my Sylvania Tab yesterday. Great so far. Saw that you just returned your WPDN. Got one of those too. Please keep up the awesome work. I'm excited to see what you come up with. Any info you could share on how to get that market working would be awesome.

X

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Got my Sylvania Tab pretty much configured how I want it to be. But because of no Market access, I'm having trouble finding the following apps:

Sportstap
Astro File Manger
ESPN Scorecenter
USA Today
Shazam
Amazon
Frozen Bubble

Can anyone help? I believe all of these apps are FREE, so not looking to pirate, just an alternate source to download the .apk. Can anyone help someone who can't access the Market or Appbrain, etc? Not sure where to go. I've done a Google search for each of those and found nothing. Not sure if this is the right forum, but we are talking about the Sylvania Tab, and that's what I have.

Thanks in advance!

X

gottahavit

Nov 13, 2010
Gottahavit,

I've been anxiously checking this tab for updates. Got my Sylvania Tab yesterday. Great so far. Saw that you just returned your WPDN. Got one of those too. Please keep up the awesome work. I'm excited to see what you come up with. Any info you could share on how to get that market working would be awesome.

X
i'm mantaining everything over at slatedroid in the "other non-listed" tablet section. I posted my adb wifi and my adhoc scripts
I'm haven't posted the market instructions because it requires you have an emulator to extract an ID from.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Can you post this in the Sylvania Forum thread here.. gscript.zip

ZHkilla

Nov 25, 2010
Got my Sylvania Tab pretty much configured how I want it to be. But because of no Market access, I'm having trouble finding the following apps:

Sportstap
Astro File Manger
ESPN Scorecenter
USA Today
Shazam
Amazon
Frozen Bubble

Can anyone help? I believe all of these apps are FREE, so not looking to pirate, just an alternate source to download the .apk. Can anyone help someone who can't access the Market or Appbrain, etc? Not sure where to go. I've done a Google search for each of those and found nothing. Not sure if this is the right forum, but we are talking about the Sylvania Tab, and that's what I have.

Thanks in advance!

X

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12111202/apps.zip

Your Welcome. I'm actually buying this today for my daughter so she will leave my Android phone alone!

mitsueks

Nov 26, 2010
Is there any issues with installing .APK files? New to Android and figured I would learn on this one. Bought online from Toys R Us last night and trying to see if there are any issues. How good is the SlideME Market?

Deris

Mar 24, 2010
SlideMe market is okay. I installed .apk files from my flash drive onto the device with no issues. No Grav sensor so watch for apps that require one.

Redundant

Jan 2, 2011
I just got one, having read about several different sub $200 tablets I took the plunge and purchased one at Sears. Did my update and all seemed fine, as everything was faster and smoother and the DG1.01 to DG2.02 did not affect my working orientation sensor.

Then the slowdowns started. At first they were intermittent and then more frequent, and I couldn't figure out what might be the problem. It would become unresponsive, ignoring the touchscreen almost completely. Then I read about the slowdown caused by widgets and removed them from the desktop, and it got worse....

I looked at the Running Services, and realized that even if you remove the widgets from the desktop they continue to run in the background - as this is my first encounter with Android I feel like a newbie even though I have been using computers for over 30 years! Sigh...

Long story short, the "Automatic" setting under "Date & time" seemed to somehow be causing the Calendar Widget to use the UpdateService to access the internet for updates constantly. The Weather Widget seems to be more sane somehow not abusing the UpdateService like that.

Is this something anyone else has seen/had problems with?

WolfR1

Feb 28, 2011
I picked one of these up yesterday too. So far I like it about a bazillion times better than the Gentouch78, but the lack of physical buttons has already caused a couple problems for me... ie trying to exit Angry Birds!

-mb

Hey, my girlfriend's son got this tablet for the holidays and I've been working on getting it running smoothly as they're nowhere near tech savvy. However, he's an Angry Birds addict and I can only find the walkthrough on the SlideMe Market place. Where did you get Angry Birds from and how can I get it on this thing?

WolfR1

Feb 28, 2011
Ok I found an APK of this game but can't get it to work. Keeps telling me there's not enough room for the application to run and gives me the option to cancel or 'manage apps'. However when I got to manage the apps I can't get anything to shut down. Furthermore what's in use doesn't appear to be 128MB worth of data being used. What gives???

chasgreghall

Oct 5, 2012
I have this tablet. It has never booted past the InfoTMIC screen. All posted reset methods don't work. I have finally got my PC to recognize the tablet and it now says "communicating with PC". I have downloaded the IUW burning tool, but I cannot find the specific IUS file for the 12.7.0.12.

Does anybody have this or know of another solution?