Taking the S7 apart

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Does someone have instructions for this? I want to know if there are any stickers in place that might result in loss of warranty as a result of opening up the device.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
One of the screw's is covered with white paint (or sticker).I didn't find other. Remember that you need to remove the black plastic cover from the front that are glued with double tape(is easy to do, but you should have a thin blade for this operation).

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I did get as far as removing the screws in the back, but I wasn't sure where to start prying the device from to open it.

As for the double sided tape, does it stick back on quickly?

I don't want to void my warranty...

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Yes the double tape is high quality and is easy to put them back no visible sign if you are careful. After removing the front plastic there are 8 more screw on the front that need to be removed. Then you can open the case.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not quite sure what the front black plastic is that you are referring to?

The plastic where the buttons are?

Mqp6r.png

mr2u

May 27, 2011
I have a question then, if the internals are the same (Telstra Touch Tab & the ones from BB) , them the loss of internal memory in the telstra ones would be a software issue ? or did Huawei make 2 different tabs and badge them the same S7-104 ?

rufinote

Jan 4, 2012
Hi! i have a problem with my tablet. Yesterday, i tried to recover the tablet to factory values (it was rooted and with rom cooked). I was trying to do the recovery with the sweden oficial rom with the microSD. In the middle of the installing, the tablet reset, and later, it didn't turn on.
I had the charger connect directly without battery.
Now, i am trying to power on with several secuence of keys like menu+send+power or back+send+power, but it doesn't do anything.
I don't know if the charger is ok or not because the battery is discharged. Any light shines.....
Probably my tablet is dead.....

Do you know what happen?? Can i repair it?

Thank you.

REgards.

stroid9000

Apr 25, 2012
LOL great thread, help me a lot, a step by step guide, please? or a dummy one? i have the hope to bring my s7 back to action.http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-ideos-s7-technical/33431-omg-ac-adaptor-don-t-works.htmlhttp://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-ideos-s7-technical/33431-omg-ac-adaptor-don-t-works.htmla thread to my problem
it's not bad at all to take apart carefully peel the left and right button covers off as shown in pictures earlier in post there are four screws at each corner then flip tabby over and there are six screws under little pads that are sticky on the screws. after the screws are out make sure your sim,battery, and sdcard are removed. then start prying with finger nails at corners thats the only spot i could get leverage to open first then with thin plastic something run it down the sides to further separate. after all sides are separated i believe you open fro bottom gently lift up while pushing forward (towards the top).Hope that helps

Last edited: