(TCC8902/Android 2.1/7"/HDMI/1080p/3D) HSG MIDX5 aka Coby Kyros MID7005

TechNinja

Jul 31, 2010
(TCC8902/Android 2.1/7"/HDMI/1080p/3D) HSG MIDX5 aka OPAD A1
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...r-telechips-tcc8902-android-2-1-7-tablet.html

Specifications
Telechips TCC8902 CPU (ARM11) at 800 MHz (unconfirmed)
Android 2.1
7" 800×480 resistive display
G-sensor
Video decoding support up to 1080p
HDMI/TV Out
USB hosting
4GB ROM
Android 2.1
256MB RAM
3.5mm headset jack
USB hosting

The "E7002" has similar specs, with the addition of a webcam.

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Just a word of warning to everyone before they consider Shenit from now on

I'll comment on the second device when it ships in quantity. It's not by Moonse but I've been asked to withhold further comment on that one for now.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Hi xaueious,

We respect your contribution for this forum. Just to clarify that we did not sped up the video as you mentioned. You may check the time on the device as the time of the video.

Thanks

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi xaueious,

We respect your contribution for this forum. Just to clarify that we did not sped up the video as you mentioned. You may check the time on the device as the time of the video.

Thanks

Fixed and apology given via PM.

I was too quick to accuse because your video had the same format and layout as many sped up videos I've seen - lots of cutting, and background music.

It is often better safe than sorry, and I hate to have the community fall victim to any dishonesty.

Thank you Shenit for coming to clarify this for us.

vanwinklec

Aug 10, 2010
One thing i am a little confused about is that i have the exact same one as the first one except for some reason mine doesn't have a g-sensor.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I was reading about this, and the first batch actually does not have the G-sensor.

There's supposed to be a firmware update out for that very soon, by the way. I was helping someone with this exact model over the last few days.

TechNinja

Jul 31, 2010
I was reading about this, and the first batch actually does not have the G-sensor.

There's supposed to be a firmware update out for that very soon, by the way. I was helping someone with this exact model over the last few days.

thnx for the update. Yeah, unfortunately I haven't heard from any owners of this model.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Looks interesting but I'll wait, to much of these type are all over the net. It does look quick though. On my AuGen Gentouch 78 does do 3D is quite quick with the 800MHz on it. I like to see 1GHz or dual core CPU more RAM but ultra slim. Why does the design and appearance have to mimic iPad?

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
The other thing that's weird about this is these contain clips from the videos I posted to youtube which were sent to me by hiandroid (via Youku -- note the watermark in the top-left corner). It could be that they just pieced together a bunch of videos so it was easier for users to review, but it just seemed a bit odd to me.

(Reference thread with videos from hiandroid)

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I have the 0803 beta firmware, but it's beta. I sent it to someone who reported that he was NOT able to flash this. So I am not distributing this link to everyone.

Final supposedly coming soon on official webpage.

Draugr

Aug 15, 2010
Hi everyone.

I'm new here and have spent the last few days searching for many hours for information on the Android 7" tablet market. I went from not even knowing about them a few days ago to pretty knowledgeable on the various sizes, OSes, hardware and software features, etc...

Now after ALL my searching, I believe I have found the tablet that I would prefer to purchase. There are only two problems or negatives that I can see. 1. Android 2.1 although it says it is ready for 2.2 (I heard from the seller and it will require a ROM chip replacement for 2.2) and 2) A resistive touch screen. If this item had Android 2.2 I'd have purchased it already. Also, would have preferred a Capacitive screen.

Here is the model I'm talking about

android OS 2.1 Telechips processor 7inch aPad tablet MID

For me, I am interested in using the device to watch videos on it as well as on my 52" HDTV via the HDMI port. Speaking of which, when using the HDMI port on the tablets can you just watch videos off of it, or can you use the device to do everything with the TV acting as an external (non touch) monitor? My computer for example is hooked up to my HDTV and I use the 52" TV as my montior for everything I do on the PC. Can this be done with the tablets too?

The other primary uses will be web surfing and emails as well as some gaming, preferably emulation such as NES, C64, Atari 2600, etc... Would be nice to hook it to my TV and plug a USB joystick into the device so I could play my NES, Atari, etc... games on the big screen TV.

Anyhow, I hope some of you might be able to answer my questions above. Also, if anyone is aware of an almost identical tablet with al lthe same features except having Android 2.2, please let me know.

Thanks
John

PS: Oh, I almost forgot. If any of you have any reviews or experiences with this tablet please let me know. So far it looks like it might be the one I get. I have to wait about a month though before the Android 2.2 ROM is ready and then inserted into the tablets. Thats what the person selling the unit told me.

hiandroid

Jul 21, 2010
Autually there are three versions telechip8902 7" android 2.1 in the market. wiipad Slim plus, as i know , it has official google market and G-sensor, and two layer resistive touch screen. HSG donesn't have G-sensor, as i know.previously , Slim plus has a problem when logging in gmail , that is when you log in gmail, it is impossible to log out , but now the problem has been solved , you can connect to PC and go to "privacy" to delect the log information.
and i heard from some users that HSG has no google market reinstalled and has no g-sensor, indeed, they said it.
Slim plus, from the CPU company, their extral 3G (WCDMA2000, WCDMA) function will be availble.

grefix

Aug 17, 2010
Has anyone tried to connect a 3G usbmodem ? and where did you get it ? i looked for some at www.dealextreme.com but only found 2 types which operated with the Qualcomm MSM6280 chip

Asure

Aug 18, 2010
In it's defense, this tablet is slightly cheaper than the Haina version, and has a 80% metal body. /data can be easily wiped from ADB and market+google apps is working 100% in the last two roms. Also comes in a nice sleeve and stays well protected :)