TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
This should be the ius: http://dg-support2a.com/update/11.2.7.5/SYTABA7MX_Android_132869.ius
I'll go ahead and break it down to the flashable images for you.

And if you want to know why recovery doesn't work, it has to do with an update that repartitioned the device.
The developers replaced the "recovery" partition with an "updater" partition.
I think what happens is the bootable sd flashes the recovery to where it should have gone before this repartitioning.
I have a theory on how to avoid this but have yet to test it.

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
This should be the ius: http://dg-support2a.com/update/11.2.7.5/SYTABA7MX_Android_132869.ius
I'll go ahead and break it down to the flashable images for you.

And if you want to know why recovery doesn't work, it has to do with an update that repartitioned the device.
The developers replaced the "recovery" partition with an "updater" partition.
I think what happens is the bootable sd flashes the recovery to where it should have gone before this repartitioning.
I have a theory on how to avoid this but have yet to test it.

thank you soo much!!!!!!! but cant i just flash the .ius file with iuw tools via the sdcard way

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
This sdcard method will guarantee that even if this ius isnt right you cant be bricked. I'm uploading the files now. You can first try deleting the recovery image from your android folder then adding ramdisk and system from this archive. If that still doesn't work you can add userdata and uImage which will clear your data (except anything you stashed in /local)

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
which do you recomend im not sure lol i tried using iuw running win 32 bit as admin it burns now and seems to work but theres so many removable medias lol if i do this by hooking the tablet directly to pc it can be bricked but what if i do this by the sdcard when i burned the .img to it...would that be the safest way? just dont want to brick this tab lol

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
My sd img is the safest way since the images im uploading to use with it do not contain a bootloader image and thereby cant brick the device.

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
so the way where you burn the .img to the sdcard and end up having seven hundred and somethin megabytes of memory left.. i was going to try a direct one over the otg port but if it cqan brick it then i dont think i will

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well for starters remove the recovery image, then add the system.img and ramdisk.img if that doesnt do it, add all the ones from the zip (which will wipe your data)

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
It might need a full iuw recovery, (using the ius) I'd suggest looking into verifying your hwver somehow first since there are two versions for the mx, altho it sounds like there may only be one ius floating around. I'd really hate to hear anyone bricked. =[

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
it was always on 2.2 because it could never upgrade to 2.3 for some reason would always say stystem is up to date im not sure if its even possible to check hwver as of now i think im stuck arnt i:( there's no coming back from brick is there?

tried doing fresh format and on a 32 bit system nothing yet

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
well its certainly not bricked. When these devices are bricked they can no longer turn on at all.