TechVendetta ROM Developement

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
well its certainly not bricked. When these devices are bricked they can no longer turn on at all.
Thats good but im at a loss on what to do ive done everything i could think of hmmm... i guess ill try a full ius recovery tomorrow or sometime and pray it doesnt get bricked no progress i feel an ius recovery coming ill report back the results when i do itll probably be later today goin to bed now

Last edited:

gears177

Jun 21, 2012
Who is this TechVelveta guy anyhow!?!?! :cool:

Develper for the sytabs thnx again for the help sorry fo not replying back sooner it seems i returned the one got my money and bought a better one :) thnx again for your help i still have one of the tabs on 2.3 that factory resets everytime it turns off??but out of warranty so its pretty much a paperweight.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
I bought a Sylvania: over a year ago thinking there would be a custom rom, and have been waiting ever since. The thing is a brick with some custom love. How close are we to seeing some a functional release???? I'm about to put it out for a yard sale unless something changes.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well I'm a developer that really hoped I wouldn't be working on this alone. I released tools and documentation. Anyone can currently make their own custom stock kang. As you see, no one has. Unfortunately its been just me with little support or help. I made an irc channel and always reply every message I receive. I'm a busy busy person doing this for fun. I can release an ics rom for the CVS tablet right away but its nowhere near usable. I've been making a bit more progress lately but the biggest roadblock is the init binary in the ram disk is customized by infotm in some way and the kernel source they gave me lacks a proper configuration for the devices. I have someone working on kernel. We still lack serial and adb on the 7in devices so debugging is pretty challenging.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Ouch, I incorrectly assumed that you had some help. My apologies if I sounded demanding. But given the state of things, it's to the yard-sale with this I guess.

parrot

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for all the hardwork.

I am stuck at the SYLVANIA LOGO screen on my synet7LP and need to reload the image from the SD card as there is no image saved on the tablet itself.

I have been following the instructions on how to prepare the SD card with zSYS.img.

Here is the Problem. When it boots up from the SD card after few seconds it displays the message "Update package is demaged!" I don't know if I am using the wrong file as I don't know the hwver or is it something else.

Also the http://222.73.93.45 server is offline and I am having hard time getting those ius files. I was able to get couple of them from mediafire. Can someone upload them or tell me where else I can look for.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
TV, check your PM's. Did I send you one offering up my tablet with a busted screen to the dev cause? If not, you can have it and I can foot for shipping.

jponiato

Sep 14, 2011
Parrot, I hope you're not insulted by this question, but you are using the ius.exe burning tool to create the recovery image on the sd card, right? Anyway, I have a copy of 11.2.1.8.2.2.ius, which was the latest I could find the last time I needed to re-image my Sylvania. I could send that to you if that would help. I tried to attach it as a zip file but was unsuccessful.

SteelRush

Aug 24, 2012
Since the update servers are down, and Sylvania told me they've been down for 2 months, and don't seem to have any plans to bring them back up, does anyone have the iUS file from the following location:

http://dg-support2a.com/update/11.2.7.5/SYTABA7MX_Android_132869.ius

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Alright I'm back from my attempt to enjoy the end of summer. I'm about a week and a half into the new semester and I recently setup a new dedicated build server and switched to jellybean source. I know I'm horrible at getting releasables out but on that note, to the discussion above I DID release a bootable sd maker with a pretty nice write up. If iuw is giving you troubles and you are sure the update is correct, just follow the steps I gave. I'm slowly going through all my pm's and what not as well. As for moocow, whats the state of it? Is only the lcd broken? Is that the cvs model with no hdmi? Hows the battery? (my main testing tablet is running with out a battery right now since it exploded... xD oddly they run fine with no battery)

kiodo1981

Apr 9, 2011
Where can I find a guide to unpack / repack recovery.img?
You can have the cwm 5.0.x or higher?
I have a superpad (256MB RAM)
Thank you.

Sorry, but google translate

PS: Where can I find the CM7 link?