the Display/Video/Media thread

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Actually, now that I look at the properties, the video is only 11fps. Low frame rate is typical for a cell phone though. I'll see if I can link to a sample for you, you will need something like VCL media player to play it on a computer.

Here is a link to a sample video, about 5MB. You will have to right click on the link and save it on your machine to view it later.

http://public.dcexp.com/video-2010-12-08-10-11-00.3gp

Last edited:

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010
Actually, now that I look at the properties, the video is only 11fps. Low frame rate is typical for a cell phone though. I'll see if I can link to a sample for you, you will need something like VCL media player to play it on a computer.

any way to bump the fps up in the settings like you can with a cell phone?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
any way to bump the fps up in the settings like you can with a cell phone?

Nope. The only settings for the video are...
Video quality, D1, WVGA, VGA, CIF, QVGA, QCIF.
Video Encoder MPEG4 or H264
Audio encoder
Video duration
White balance
Color Effect..

I tried some of the smaller sizes, but a) they look even worse, and b) the frame rate was about the same. I don't have time to do a complete study to see if any of the frame rates are slightly higher or anything at the moment. I also tried the other encoding, and it looked the same visually. I think that this is using a cell phone chipset, hence the cell phone results.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hey Brach - how about posting the vids to the Huawei Users group here? That way we can share the community!

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010

Here is a link to a sample video, about 5MB. You will have to right click on the link and save it on your machine to view it later.

http://public.dcexp.com/video-2010-12-08-10-11-00.3gp

Video didnt work. can you post it on youtube?

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Video didnt work. can you post it on youtube?

That's because you need a special player to play 3gp files, the video files that the device produces. That's why I said that you could play it with VCL player on Windows, I don't know about other systems. Also, I wanted to post an original file and not resampled or people start to say that "well, that is not an original file". If you get the tablet, that is what you are going to get for video, youtube is just going to re sample it and make it worse, assuming that it works at all.

Here it is on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
I think we could be able to up the video camera fps with time. It won't improve quality by much (might be possible to improve this tho) but will be much more smooth.

Also at 100% jpeg, the camera isn't too bad at all better then when I've used it :p

Domestikone

Dec 5, 2010
To be honest i havent had a problem yet. Every video plays from skyfire.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

kid-a429

Dec 8, 2010
I should be getting a call this morning about the issue on the fps on the device. i will post latter when i get to work

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Im curious to see how different S7 user have setup their home screen. As for me i went with a minimalist, functional layout. Ive got my power widgets, weather, news, favorite bookmarks, apps in an organized layout. No wallpaper BTW.

$homescreen.jpg

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Jinling from the Ideos S7 team at Huawei is now working directly with the team over at Fring to get this working. I don't really have much more info than that right now, but at least it is promising to see they have a senior engineer working direct with Fring.

I will post more as I become aware of it.

Cheers,
P