Video conferencing app

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Hey guys is there any Video Conferencing app right now that we can install that works?

I tried Fring, but does not seem to work... Just wondering why we have a front facing camera if we can't seem to use it unless we want to take a pic of ourselves which i don't think i would since its only 2.0 MP..

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Install the new overclock kernel. Then Fring will work. I would imagine some of the other video apps would work as well.
Downside to this is that it disables the ability to use the rear facing camera, but I haven't found anything else that doesn't work with that kernel, yet.

Last edited:

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Install the new overclock kernel. Then Fring will work. I would imagine some of the other video apps would work as well.
Downside to this is that it disales the ability to use the rear facing camera, but I haven't found anything else that doesn't work with that kernel, yet.

Well, if the front camera is disabled, then you loose the conferencing idea...

ucandog

Nov 21, 2010
Where can i find the overclock kernal? Skype announced in the spring of 2010 that they would be releasing video on their app for android but when i contacted them last month, they were totally vague and said they weren't sure. anyone know anything else on this issue? I really want to video conference when i am in wifi zones.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
has anyone tried oovoo? it is a desktop client video chat software and there is a beta app in the market now. I tried it on my m701r and i was able to make a call to my desktop and on the tablet i could see my face from the tablet camera but the desktop didnt show anything. Just thought i would share my experience with it. hopefully others will try and let us know how it works for them. and if someone else trys it on their m701r and getting it working right please let me know how you did it