Viewsonic Android Tablet (G-Tablet) Android Market Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

plvaulter06

Aug 30, 2010
Awesome dude! Good work! Lots of people have been complaining about the laggy and slow UI, and yours seemed to be fairly smooth. Either way, I think that stock 2.2 or better yet 2.2+ would be better than a stupid overlay that just boggs the system down

What do you think about it?

Nov 2, 2010
This is nice, i was going to go buy one but lady at Sears told me that they will be sold out for atleast two weeks, so i bought the Archos 70 :)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You can get these from Kmart but I didn't see in the store. Looks like it comes from SEAR warehouse.

guitargeek

Nov 11, 2010
Dandroid - Great work. How is it coming with a tutorial for the rest of us. Also I am waiting for my device to arrive. I have looked at pocketgear.com and they want me to enter the type of device I have. Will android market ask this? What type of equipment do you list since viewsonic is not listed at the pocketgear.com site.

Last edited:

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
Found one online through the outlet store site, c. 30m away. Plan to call them today to see if they actually have and if it's in the condition listed("new in box").

Android market: IME "official" market NEVER asks what type of device you, just infers it from Android version/ID. There's apparently also an OEM fw that works with device and has applanet market and roebeet had apparently released modified stock fw already. I'm still working my way through the megathread on xda-dev in anticipation of picking one of these up once I find one. (1900+ quadrant, 36 linpack)

Debating abandoning the WPDN, for several problems that I have with nine, e.g. backlight bleed, v. poor WiFi perf(compared to other tablets AND notebooks), "sparkly" LCD(makes it kind of annoying to use as a reader), etc. might exchange(if I am able to, hard to find here) the one I have and keep the WPDN as backup though... still deciding

[EDIT]
meh, should've known when the outlet website pulled up a retail store on 'find nearest' that it was wrong(good thing that I called first v. driving 30m), 14-16d wait for quickest store stock near me ATM... also suspect that ordering online would entail a similar wait even though they keep showing 'in stock'.
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

jprompt

Nov 28, 2010
playback says guide is available check info box. I am probably an idiot but where is the info box??

jprompt

Nov 28, 2010
ABC warehouse in Holland Mi had about 12 on the shelf Sun 11/28. They beat the Sears price and sold it for 375. I will be very happy when I can get Android Market direct added on to the machine

steve n

Dec 28, 2010
great job...excuse my lack of knowledge but do you have written instructions on the steps ...i have the gtab and after the 24th update i have flash, etc. but no market access..can you help ..thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I very highly recommend that any ViewSonic gTab owner read and follow this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-tablets/4180-vs-g-firmware-install-guide.html. The difference in your tablet when you are done is night and day. If you follow all of the steps and flash to either TnT Lite 3 or VEGAn B4 for your ROMs, and then perform the market fix, after about 30 minutes of easy effort you will have working market, a stable tablet, the ability to watch YouTube videos, the whole shebang. Add in the SkyFire Browser and you will also have streaming video.

seriously, give it a look.

-p

Status
Not open for further replies.