Viewsonic G Tab Accessories

pyro530

Apr 18, 2011
As far as I know... no tablet can charge via USB. Only the ones with a proprietary plug (ie. Nookcolor) can charge via USB. But its not plugging into a USB port on the device. Odd and convoluted but you get me?

I had a Nook color before my gTab, it was just a standard MicroUSB cable, charged through it just fine. I could charge it on my computer, but not a quick as using the wall charger.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Just buy the cases from Electroniccrap.com and don't worry about some no name website. Thats how you get burned.

nigebj

Apr 22, 2011
I found this case on Amazon.... Amazon.com: Viewsonic G-Tablet Case and USB Keyboard with Kick Stand: Electronics

for $30. Fits fine, all edges protected and keyboard works find. Has a kick stand in landscape mode. Good buy and quick service.

This case is good value, and the keyboard well is made for a $30 case/keyboard. While it fits (tight and secure) it also completely obscures the micro-USB port, and the regular USB cover sticks out once you plug something in (like the keyboard). Also the keyboard touches the screen when closed, so you are going to want a screen protector (personally I hate these things and try to avoid them on all my electronic devices).

Single angle kick-stand seems to have it about the right angle for me.

This is a good budget case/keyboard with the above limitations. A case with bluetooth keyboard is definitely preferable if you can stretch to it, though I haven't seen a real nice design which leaves all the ports available - let me know if you've found one (especially if you can still dock while in the case).

BTW, if you are still running stock you are missing the real power of your G-Tablet - but I'm guessing few round here are running stock.

bricks

Mar 18, 2011
Just ordered a M2 case from Steve at electronicCrap. Com. Look forward to receiving it. Just a note, and it is no big deal, but the CRAP4ME code to get 10% off for forum members would not work. Steve, thanks for what you are doing!

Bob

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
The code changes from time to time. Ifnyou subscribe to the newsletter you'll get the changes... however, all you need to do is ask :)

Right now it's INEEDCRAP.

...sent from my android tablet

bricks

Mar 18, 2011
Wow, talk about fast shipping! It may help that I only live about 100 miles from Dallas, but I ordered my case on Thursday morning, and it was delivered on Saturday morning! Also, it is a very good case if anyone is looking. I ordered the M2.

Steve, not a problem. Thanks for the quick delivery!

beastman

May 8, 2011
Guess if I order anything it will also be fast, since I'm in Austin.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Steve always ships fast regardless of where you are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum