Viewsonic G Tab Owner's Thread

b8matt

Feb 7, 2011
You can add me to the list of people who own!!! b8matt - Greenville, NC USA...

I just bought mine today and will hopefully receive it by the end of the week. I'm going to play around with the Stock interface before I go Rom'ing everything up.

spectredroid

Nov 13, 2010
I have had mine for about two months. Got it before the update from viewsonic. Anyway, love it and looking forward to honeycomb. Running VegaN

DROIDX says End if Line.

billjohnson

Oct 20, 2010
Had mine for almost 5 days now and loving it! Just flashed TnT 4.2 last night. Actually love it most because you can use it in the dark as it replicated the hard function buttons on the top bar. I do have a question though. I purchased it rooted and for some reason the guy partitioned it to where the 16GB SSD is seen as an SD Card and the physical SD as SD2? Been a long time Android user but I'm new to the Tablet scene. Any suggestions on proper partitioning would be great. I do know a fair amount of ADB so it doesn't matter how technical the instructions are.

Add me to the list!!!!! - billjohnson Illinois, USA

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Had mine for almost 5 days now and loving it! Just flashed TnT 4.2 last night. Actually love it most because you can use it in the dark as it replicated the hard function buttons on the top bar. I do have a question though. I purchased it rooted and for some reason the guy partitioned it to where the 16GB SSD is seen as an SD Card and the physical SD as SD2? Been a long time Android user but I'm new to the Tablet scene. Any suggestions on proper partitioning would be great. I do know a fair amount of ADB so it doesn't matter how technical the instructions are.

Add me to the list!!!!! - billjohnson

Welcome Bill. There is a thread here in the stickies on partitioning schemes, but you should always check your ROM Chef's notes in case there are special requirements (such as TnT).

Where are you from for the owner's list (State/Province, Country)

Peter

billjohnson

Oct 20, 2010
Welcome Bill. There is a thread here in the stickies on partitioning schemes, but you should always check your ROM Chef's notes in case there are special requirements (such as TnT).

Where are you from for the owner's list (State/Province, Country)

Peter

Just added it to the list but here it is again. Illinois, United States of America.
As for the partitioning I'll check the sticky thread.

EDIT: pbrauer hit me up on droidforums.net if you're on there. Same account.

Last edited:

jubigret

Jan 8, 2011
Got my Gtab yesterday and have it rooted with TnT harmony, love it! Today I think I finally got it to play hulu, and at the same time learning lots which is what I wanted out of a tablet.

Add me to the list-its a keeper!
jubigret Vermont, USA

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Got my G-tablet last night.. Craigslist purchase.... $175 yeah baby... now to decide what rom for it... any advice would be appreciated...

Swould333- North Carolina, USA .... please... :)

Last edited:

billjohnson

Oct 20, 2010
Got my G-tablet last night.. Craigslist purchase.... $175 yeah baby... now to decide what rom for it... any advice would be appreciated...

Dang! That's $300 less than I paid for mine! I've tried all the ROMs available and I'm sticking with TnT Lite 4.2 right now mainly because it has the hard buttons replicated in the notification bar which makes it usable in the dark.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Kewl.. thanks for the advice.. any limitations that have came out in any rom specific?

And yeah seriously about the price of the tablet.. when it came up on my craigslist app on my phone my jaw dropped and i rushed to mail the guy about it...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
great deal indeed. I personally have been going with the TnT-Harmony, I like the Gingerbread elements and find it a bit more peppy.

Where in NC? Before coming here I am from Durham.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I'm from a little po'dunk town.. Mount Airy... about 45 miles north of Winston Salem... "Mayberry"...lmao

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Love it there, spent a ton of time up to Fancy Gap.

grinchy

Feb 11, 2011
Just became an owner of this beast today :) charging it now to root ;) where to start?

EDIT: Just installed clockword mod....tnt harmony...and market fixed :) thing is hauling A$$!

Last edited:

RAWArtifacts

Dec 11, 2010
Hello all,
hopefully an easy question?
How do I get my new Viewsonic G-Tablet to play Adobe Flash?
Is there an app for this; I don't see anything at the general store?
Cheers!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you need to make sure you one of the ROMs installed that has it configured properly. what ROM are you currently running?