Xiofett, Kansas, USA
BPEngineer, Texas, USA

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
pbrauer-albums-misc-pics-picture973-tablet.jpg

My tablet. TnT-G_Harmony 1.2 ROM with ADW.Launcher and Beautiful Widgets configured.

kiwiguy1967

Jan 22, 2011
Just returned to New Zealand (from San Francisco) with my precious Viewsonic G Tablet. Let the modding begin!!!

billjohnson

Oct 20, 2010
Mine should be here tomorrow. As I stated on a couple other threads I'm going to try out Vegan for a bit then maybe CM. Looks like UltimateDroid has out a ROM now but I'm not to big on some of the shiz he does....

cgrape2

Jan 19, 2011
A small community,so far,but worth joining in!I'd like to add on to the owner's list.
cgrape2\Lodi,CA USA

AwesomeIT

Feb 4, 2011
I just got my G-Tab today, rooted it and Vegan is now installed. It's incredible. I can see why people would shy away from this with the stock Tap n Tap, but rooted with a custom ROM and this thing is a monster. I love it.

150pilot

Aug 22, 2010
I just discovered the G Tab today. This tablet just seems so promising. I just went out and bought one and I am on my way home to begin the adventure. I am posting this with my iPad but am looking forward to having a USB port and removable storage. I would love for Ubuntu to work on this someday. Trying to decide which to try first, Vegan or Harmony? Thanks to all responsible for this great forum! I am looking forward to being a part of it.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I just got my G-Tab today, rooted it and Vegan is now installed. It's incredible. I can see why people would shy away from this with the stock Tap n Tap, but rooted with a custom ROM and this thing is a monster. I love it.

Welcome to the forum!

P

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I just discovered the G Tab today. This tablet just seems so promising. I just went out and bought one and I am on my way home to begin the adventure. I am posting this with my iPad but am looking forward to having a USB port and removable storage. I would love for Ubuntu to work on this someday. Trying to decide which to try first, Vegan or Harmony? Thanks to all responsible for this great forum! I am looking forward to being a part of it.

Check he threads for viewsonic at xda-deveopers, they have unbuntu working on th gtab

150pilot

Aug 22, 2010
Last night I opened it up and installed VEGAn-Tab Build BETA 5.1, but I couldn't get the Market to find certain Apps like "Tune in Radio" & "ADW Launcher" and a few others I was looking for. Then this morning I started having issues with some apps not opening and others force closing to the point where it was unusable. Then I read about "Partitioning the SDCARD" and so I did that and decided I should try a different ROM and so I loaded up the Tnt G-Harmony-Gingerbread Elements ROM. This seemed to work nicely until I got a message that wouldn't go away saying something about preparing the SDCARD or something. I followed a tip about "Fixing the Permissions" and that set everything back to normal. The Market is working and finding all apps that I've searched for. Now I have a whole bunch of apps downloaded and everything is working fine now. I hope it stays working smooth for a long time.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hope so too! Glad you got it working. The Partitioning changes should not have to be done again, and I LOVE the Harmony ROM.

150pilot

Aug 22, 2010
Yeah, one of the biggest differences I noticed between the VegaN ROM & the Harmony ROM was the quickness and smoothness of scrolling through the app drawer. Much nicer, more iPad-like. And flash is working very nice (got to get used to that). I would like to be able to use a mouse with it on occasion though, not sure if that is even a possibility. But overall i like it a lot. I am going to challenge myself to put my iPad away and only use the G-Tab for a week and then we'll see how I feel then.