Viewsonic Viewpad 7

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Given viewpad7 has half of price of Samsung Galaxy Tab, I am go for viewpad7, going to purchase tonight, will sharing in coming few days.

Let us know how you like the stock ROM. If you find a custom one, let us know which one and how it is.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
Let us know how you like the stock ROM. If you find a custom one, let us know which one and how it is.

The price of HKD $2688 - > 345 USD, with 1 yr warranty, letter case, ear phone etc.

After few hours playing with VIEWPAD 7, I am very much happy with the stock ROM 2.2. All feature are completely working.

Wifi, 3G network, GPS, 2g/3g GSM/CDMA, bluetooth, ShareAP wife, market etc.

Multi touch ZOOM in/out are great, response are fast.

Gaming speed are very good..... Angry birds etc...

Battery life are excellent, as I am using it as phone, the battery much be long lasting.

The android 2.2 very much stable, never fail or reboot.

the GPU is good, can play almost all kind of video including HD from Youtube.

I manually installed Adobe flash 10.1 (older version apk, luck I kept them with old phone), the lastest flash 10.2 not able to install. When using browser with web site that has flash, it works. The flash works, but kind of slow, but it works.

The only diservantage I found was, the internal storage for apps are too small, as it is a phone device, not PAD size strage design. I will going to find App2SD custom script to re-link internal /data/apps directory to external mSD card with ext2/3/4 partitition, I did this for my Huawei U8220 + Sony Ericsson X10mini, strongly believe it should works.

A friend of my, has it as well, he able to get old version of Cockwood ROM recovery boot installed, and dump to ROM to SD, will try it out.

So far I do not see need of custom ROM apart from App2SD script.

cheer

James

Last edited:

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
This is what I did for my older version of flash 10.1, however, for manual install of flash 10.2 apk, it does not works. There is error during installation.

thanks

James

Last edited:

daenmaro

Apr 5, 2011
The Viewpad not suport tha Flash Player 10.1, Only any aplication downloaded to the Market Place can show any videos downloaded . But not play Online Videos in website.

stogie

Apr 5, 2011
I know it may of little help but my Viewsonic G Tablet (10" screen) runs flash just fine.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
I am able to install Flash Player 10.1.apk manually, not find market. I am able to play Youtube video online fine. Does that mean it works ?

by the way, my VIEWPAD 7 was overclock 864mHz and installed clockworkmod recovery.

cheers

James

Last edited:

iyinka

Apr 24, 2011
I bought a Viewsonic Viewpad 7 at the Gadget show in Birmingham UK, last week.
I can not download a flash player, does adobe 10.1.apk work? If so can you give me an idiots guide to getting it on my Viewpad 7.
Also I am have trouble connecting an external hard drive to the Viewpad 7 through my USB port.

I have a 30 day money back offer and if I can not get a flash player on it I will probaly return it. Saying that I do not know where to return it to, any suggestions as I bought it at the Gadet show?

Thanks

mcrat

May 6, 2011
hello. i found your comment very helpful as i purchased a viewpad 7 for my wife today. you stated you still had a copy of flash 10.1. would you be kind enough to send me a copy, as i can't find a download link anywhere. if you reply to this, i'll send my email. thanks in advance, mcrat.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
I guess you figure out flash lite same as adobe flash 10.1, both works for VIEWPAD 7 flash video, not aplanet. Did you try Adobe Flash 10.3 ? just out.

cheer