WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Seems we have the attention of the folks over over on the Huawei section. Guess this mean war.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/5589-nook-forum-competition.html
But they have several months' head start over us! :mad:

I have a hunch that if we analyze average posts per day, rather than total posts, we are actually more active. Maybe I should crunch a few numbers...

Ah, but we inherited the original Nook posts, too. Hmmm, interesting statistical problem.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@gadgetrants
The whole Nook section consist of all NC threads except for one and like you said, they have a head start. The first NC thread in this section was started only 29 days ago.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
@gadgetrants
The whole Nook section consist of all NC threads except for one and like you said, they have a head start. The first NC thread in this section was started only 29 days ago.
Wait...duh!!!! This is ANDROID TABLETS!!!! Is there any reason for the older Nook owners to come here? Guess not.

Well, I hope the Huawei people don't see my next comment, but: I think we're witnessing the end of their era, as the sexier, more expensive, big-name tablets come out this year. I bet as 2.2 is announced for the NC our ranks we'll be growing!

29 days?!?!?!?!! Are you serious? Wow.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Wait...duh!!!! This is ANDROID TABLETS!!!! Is there any reason for the older Nook owners to come here? Guess not.

Well, I hope the Huawei people don't see my next comment, but: I think we're witnessing the end of their era, as the sexier, more expensive, big-name tablets come out this year. I bet as 2.2 is announced for the NC our ranks we'll be growing!

29 days?!?!?!?!! Are you serious? Wow.

-Matt

Yup just 29 days. Here is first post: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/3485-nook-color-general-discussion-thread.html#post19809

Say we do ~900 post a month (31 posts per day), we'll pass Huawei section without even trying. Kind of the reason I didn't post on this thread until today when the challenged was brought up, there was really no need.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Just a couple of quick notes....Huawei really didn't start heavy traffic until it came out at Best Buy, so using 10/25 as a starting point it has been an active forum for 76 days. We just went through a MAJOR consolidation and merging of threads and posts, but even at the new numbers we average about 28 posts per day.

So for us to ALSO do 900 posts per month all we need to do is basically the same volume we have been.

I am just saying is all...and yes...the sig line is right...i have BOTH the S7 and a Color Nook! ;)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Even if you count the starting point as 10/25 that is still a couple of months extra to get the forum going and the users gelling. Just look how quickly the owners thread here is taking off. At this rate in two more months the post average should be way up from where it is now.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Faithful Nook owners, I've updated the OP so that it not only includes total posts, but also posts per day since I last updated the count. (I was hoping to use the search function so that I could set the starting date for the count, but it seems "search" allows 100 maximum hits.) If you have any other suggestions for measuring our growth let me know!

-Matt