What do you LIKE/DON'T LIKE about your current tablet?

bottleb

Jul 14, 2010
Title pretty much sums up my question! Also, if you could start over/change tablet, would you? Which one would you pick?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
For me three things.
Dislike
Precision of Touch- But I should talk. I have Fat Finger Syndrome :)
Battery Life-I want a unit that has 10+ hours in reality
Quality variance - Looking at the board, this is an obvious

Like/Love
Portability and view: My Firmware is solid and I can now browse,watch movies, read or listen with ease. I can even listen and read while my battery drains faster.

Show-off power. I do not care where I use it, I always get comments and questions

Not an IPad and it fits in my pocket. Without a case of course. But bigger than a PMP and more portable than an IPAD.

bottleb

Jul 14, 2010
For me three things.
Dislike
Precision of Touch- But I should talk. I have Fat Finger Syndrome :)
Battery Life-I want a unit that has 10+ hours in reality
Quality variance - Looking at the board, this is an obvious

Like/Love
Portability and view: My Firmware is solid and I can now browse,watch movies, read or listen with ease. I can even listen and read while my battery drains faster.

Show-off power. I do not care where I use it, I always get comments and questions

Not an IPad and it fits in my pocket. Without a case of course. But bigger than a PMP and more portable than an IPAD.

Whats your tablet :p ?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i just wish the speed was quicker and probably battery sense when i use it i use it, but other then that i really like everything about it and when more come out with flash support i will be getting a new one :)

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
I think it will be greatly helpful, especially to NEW BUYERS looking for a MID, if your answer can also say WHAT MODEL and FROM WHERE it was purchased. Thanks.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
CPU (speed & performance)
RAM (how much available)
IS: (Internal Storage 2GB or 4GB)
ES: (External Storage 16G or 32GB)
LVIS: LCD Visual Image Size: (7", 8", 9", 10", 12")
WLAN: 802.11(b,g,n)
LAN: 10/100 or 10/100/1000
VPN: Virtual Private Network
PAN: Personal Area Networks (Bluetooth)
Rotate Axle: Yes
Vibration: Yes
3D: Yes
Flash: Yes
3G Optional
Kick Table Stand: Yes
Color: Black
Case: Yes
Stylus: Yes
USB 2.0: Yes 2x
HDMI: Optional
mAH: 1500 or higher
Android OS: 2.1, 2.2 or 3.0

Where to buy this not from Amazon or ebay (only if you know they'll support you) To me it's better to buy direct from the OEM.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What Tipstir said, I am always hesitant to offer a brand. I do not know how much you want to spend and how technical the reader may be. In my opinion, one of the things you get with a more expensive tablet is a better default build and manual. If I were going to buy one today, I would go to EUOGO or merimobiles. The audience to this forum is international. What may be a good source in the US may not be in France or Australia.

Remember tablets are changing and updates/upgrades on the way. I would bet the case used by Flypad, EKEN, and many others are the same case. But it is the circuit board. battery, screen and the firmware of the Android that really is the difference. If you pay $100US expect the quality to be fair to poor with an occasional good unit. If you pay $200US, the quality will be good to very good and better support and capability.

But that is just my opinion
I know I will replace my tablet in November/December or I will purposefully "break"/Make it into a prototype. But that is me.